Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 21 May 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Barkers Go Westside April 2018 : Day Three - Hollywood & Move to Anaheim

Today was checkout day from El Royale. We had really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend this b&b. We got up and went and had breakfast. As we were moving hotels a lot we hadn't bothered to unpack so we left pretty soon after breakfast.

We wanted to see the Hollywood sign and the walk of fame. I had prepared myself to not be blown away by previous comments in other trip reports and they were right! We had to se it as couldn't come to LA and not. We parked at the Highland Shopping centre. It was $2 for 2 hours parking as long as you brought something in the shops. We actually had to buy a Californian Christmas bauble at the request of a family member so used this as our validation.

The shopping centre.

From the centre you can also see the Hollywood sign.

We came out and found our favourite sorbet shop from Venice GROM. I never would have expected to see them here!

Just HAD to buy some!

Hmm what can I say about the walk of fame... Its busy, touristy and tacky. I'm glad I saw it but we didn't stay long and definitely didn't use up our 2 hours parking!

On the road to Anaheim we ate some snacks in the car for lunch. Drive was good very little traffic done it in 50 minutes.

Our hotel was the Country Inn & Suites by Radisson.

He obviously had to take another picture of the car!

I had a bit of a last minute dilemma before we were due to come out here. I had originally booked the best western courtesy inn. Upon doing my last minute checking found that it had got shocking reviews the last few months. As I had booked it on Booking.com I could cancel without any loss of money. So I done my research and this place came up I think they haven't long opened. I could get a studio suite for $399 for 4 nights. I am sooooo glad I booked it this was our favourite hotel the whole trip. Room was massive, a separate living room with bathroom in the middle and large double bedroom. From the window you could just make out ToT. Room felt freshly decorated and nice modern décor.

Once we had settled in we walked to the Disney Parks. It was a short 10 minute walk and we were at security. There wasn't too much of a queue as it wasn't the weekend like we discovered later on in the week.

Happy to be back at Disney!

Our first ride the jungle cruise. After fast passing Indiana Jones. If it is possible the jungle cruise was worse than the Orlando one!

We then went on BTMR which only had a 20 minute wait. Loved it similar to Orlando although felt higher not sure if it actually is.

Went back and done Indiana Jones. This was my favourite ride of the two Disney parks. I loved it! No drops either which is a bonus for me being a woose!

We had a cheap dinner at Redd Rockets Pizza. I had a GF pizza with pepperoni and no cheese. They do have vegan cheese but sometimes I find it too strong. Darren had a normal slice of pizza. They were around $10 each I think.

We then went and done the fantasyland rides. They were peter pan (close 2nd favourite!), toad hall, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Snow white.

Darren is very unimpressed by going on what he says is 'whimsical' rides!

We stayed to watch the evening show however we planned it bad. I chose to ride Indiana Jones again instead of securing a spot and so we kept getting moved along throughout the show. Sadly we never did see it all the way through.

We went back to the hotel. Steps today were 21,000 my oofos flip flops were coming in handy to help save my poor feet! Tomorrow we go to Adventure land.

Edited at 08:02 PM.
ribena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Great Disney Day!
DCL: '14 Disney Magic.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Wishing View Post
Great Disney Day!
Was great to be back at Disney! Thanks for reading
ribena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Mobile

Great day and I know what you mean about the walk of fame... you expect it to be glitzy and glam but it's anything but! Still worth a visit to say you've seen it.
Old 23 May 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Great day and I know what you mean about the walk of fame... you expect it to be glitzy and glam but it's anything but! Still worth a visit to say you've seen it.
Yes it is such a shame! Thanks for reading.
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
looks fab again

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List