Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jun 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BarrettFamily View Post
I think the company is in Earls Colne. He has an interview in a couple of weeks so we will have to see what the company is like and how much money they are offering.
We don’t need schools but we would like rural type area. I know nothing about that area at all. I have been told to avoid Braintree but I have no idea why.
oooh good luck
Earls colne is lovely, you may find some nice places near by.
Braintree isn't too bad, its got some nice areas too.
The Freeport shopping area is popular.

Originally Posted by *supersal* View Post
Earls Colne is pretty. I would def recommend Halstead then as you’re only 10 min away. There are lots of nice villages local, Colne Engaine, Pebmarsh, White Colne.
Braintree isn’t bad but there are lots of nicer village areas.

Originally Posted by IlDivoette View Post
We have also lived in both Halstead and Earls Colne, I personally don't think Halstead is as nice as it used to be, but I think that follows for a lot of towns, Colchester certainly isn't, which I have lived in for the rest of my adult life. However as said before, there are some lovely areas around the Earls Colne area, both rural and semi-rural, and if you want a bit more going on, then Coggeshall is a very nice village and only a short drive to Earls Colne. I would start looking from Eight Ash Green onwards, this road taking you through Chapel, the Colnes and then onto Halstead. Coggeshall is off a busy road that leads to Braintree, but Coggeshall itself is far enough away for the road not to be an issue and you can cut through to Earls Colne from there past the Earls Colne Golf Club. There are other nice villages around that area as well ie. Stisted.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Liking this post, as it shows lots of local dibbers, we live in Great Cornard, which is sort of conntected to Sudbury, which is about 25 min drive from Colchester, I love Sudbury, lived here all my life, pretty sleepy really, lots of lovely villages close by, to be honest not really many bad places. Come and visit, and i think you will be pleasantly surprised. If you have children, do take that into consideration as alot of the schools here are pretty much catchment only . Ps, Earls colne is a village all on its on, i would not live in colchester, as traffic can be bad, i would be tempted to look at Bures, which is a lovely small village,with great primary and high school catchment( i would like to live there, but we both bike to work in sudbury so bit tricky. Good luck
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by 16offtodisney! View Post
Liking this post, as it shows lots of local dibbers, we live in Great Cornard, which is sort of conntected to Sudbury, which is about 25 min drive from Colchester, I love Sudbury, lived here all my life, pretty sleepy really, lots of lovely villages close by, to be honest not really many bad places. Come and visit, and i think you will be pleasantly surprised. If you have children, do take that into consideration as alot of the schools here are pretty much catchment only . Ps, Earls colne is a village all on its on, i would not live in colchester, as traffic can be bad, i would be tempted to look at Bures, which is a lovely small village,with great primary and high school catchment( i would like to live there, but we both bike to work in sudbury so bit tricky. Good luck
Oh heck no I would not want to cycle on the road between Bures and Sudbury, very windy and busy.
I didn't realise there were so many Dibbers living near me 🤗

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lmjenk
Serious Dibber

I think you'll like the areas around Earls Colne - much more than Colchester if you are looking for rural. I live in Colne Engaine which is lovely but to be fair the whole Colne Valley area is lovely. You won't be dissapointed

Hello to all my local Dibbers !
Apr 2016 1nt HRH, 14nt Virgin Villa, 3nt Disney Cruise
Aug 2019 Our first California Road Trip

Edited at 10:36 PM.
Lmjenk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Snaps
slightly serious Dibber

Snaps's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 11
I live in Hadleigh, a lovely little market town between Colchester & Ipswich.
You’ll get a lot more house for your money if you look in south Suffolk rather than Essex with an easy commute into Colchester.
My husband has worked in Halsted & Braintree with no problems driving every day from here.
Snaps is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

My DH is from Colchester. I lived in Manningtree for a year and loved it. It's quiet and on the river, plus with a main line to London. However, I got a job near Southend so moved back to the Chelmsford area.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

DH got the job! He is doing a 3 month trial as they are a small team and it is important they can all work together. So, assuming it all goes well, I will start cleaning, tidying and painting our house and then we will look at moving. The company are in Earls Colne so we want a village around there.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lmjenk
Serious Dibber

DH got the job! He is doing a 3 month trial as they are a small team and it is important they can all work together. So, assuming it all goes well, I will start cleaning, tidying and painting our house and then we will look at moving. The company are in Earls Colne so we want a village around there.
Congratulations to hubby- I'd look at Earls Colne its lovely. I work in the local primary which is wonderful too .
Apr 2016 1nt HRH, 14nt Virgin Villa, 3nt Disney Cruise
Aug 2019 Our first California Road Trip
Lmjenk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lmjenk View Post
I think you'll like the areas around Earls Colne - much more than Colchester if you are looking for rural. I live in Colne Engaine which is lovely but to be fair the whole Colne Valley area is lovely. You won't be dissapointed

Hello to all my local Dibbers !
Spooky.. so do we! Been here about 4 years and frequent the 5 bells on occasion
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lmjenk View Post
Congratulations to hubby- I'd look at Earls Colne its lovely. I work in the local primary which is wonderful too .
When I eventually get to move over there we might meet as I am a Primary supply teacher. If anyone knows good but cheap B&B, small hotels, places with rooms to let please let us know as we now need to find DH somewhere to live during the week for the next 3 months.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List