Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jun 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tiny loz
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Case size

Ive just gone a got the american hard case suit cases and the cabin one is 3cm too big for virgin but other airlines accept it do i risk it the large suitcase is fine as its undersizr
tiny loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
swintonlad
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

virgin have never measured our bags
swintonlad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Mobile

I would risk it.
Old 23 Jun 18, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You might becfinecon they way out from the Uk but on the way home can't be a whole different ball game with virgin they actually gave us a screw driver to fit the wheels on hoursxso we coundctske then offc
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
suesmum
Apprentice Imagineer

suesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hit or miss …. take your chance.
Once we had to put our hand luggage in the measuring box, we were a bit too wide! Said we woud have to check it in as hold luggage.

We managed to put the contents into the other hand luggage which was okay size wise. Then we put the empty case inside one of the suitcases and stuffed it with some clothes so it would fit. Was an expensive case so wasn't about to leave it behind.

But that was the only time we ever had our hand luggage measured.

Checking in at Downtown Disney for the return trip, other people were having their cases measured in the box thing. First time I have seen that. So maybe they were on purge for some reason?
suesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

It’s a bit like speeding in your car. You will get off with a few mph over many many times then you get caught...similar with slightly oversize bags
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tiny loz View Post
Ive just gone a got the american hard case suit cases and the cabin one is 3cm too big for virgin but other airlines accept it do i risk it the large suitcase is fine as its undersizr
I would only risk it if I were going to be ok if they did take it off me and insist it was checked in. If that were going to be a huge problem, then no I would find a bag that meets the requirements. I am surprised at the comments about never seeing this being checked, I have seen it checked more times than I could count.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tiny loz
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone for the info we are seated in the bubble both ways and ive been informed it goes in a store cupboard so hopefully ok and we wont be using virgin springs but i do like the idea of taking the wheels off 😃
tiny loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

We have never had the size of our bags checked but I guess its just luck.
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List