Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Where’s the BA sale

Well I was hoping for a BA sale to start soon, maybe even today, but nope, no sign yet. Can anyone give me hope that a sale is on its way? 🤔
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I was wondering this too, last year it was the 22nd according to the continental blog site 😉
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I'm holding off for a while afore booking our winter flights, hoping a VA sale might pop up. Last year VA had a sale begin 17th August and I booked our Nov/May PE seats for a canny £687pp. At the moment LastMinute are £772 whilst VA are £880... come on VA and BA, lets see a sale please (you never know, begging can work sometimes ).
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Very Serious Dibber

I believe your wish will be granted by Monday. Well, my wish too.
Mjspin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
I'm holding off for a while afore booking our winter flights, hoping a VA sale might pop up. Last year VA had a sale begin 17th August and I booked our Nov/May PE seats for a canny £687pp. At the moment LastMinute are £772 whilst VA are £880... come on VA and BA, lets see a sale please (you never know, begging can work sometimes ).
VA don’t seem to fly from Glasgow in December so it’s BA indirect for us!

Originally Posted by Mjspin View Post
I believe your wish will be granted by Monday. Well, my wish too.
Oooooo I so hope you’re right, by Monday night I’d love to have my December holiday sorted! 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Old 23 Jun 18, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
VA don’t seem to fly from Glasgow in December so it’s BA indirect for us!
Hi Jake - if you don't take the kitchen sink have you considered the no change Glasgow to Man train for a VA flight? Single ticket is circa £17, less if you've a rail card or exchange Tesco points for 3X Red Spotted Hanky. For us it's far easier to hop on at Durham, change at Man Victoria or Man Piccadilly to Heald Green Premier Inn, next door to HG station. As our gear's in Fl, we only take one cabin sized case and a backpack apiece.

Note: TPE have a 3 hour Easement should your inbound flight be delayed. The station clerk countersigns your tickets to allow you to travel on the next train.
Old 23 Jun 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Jake - if you don't take the kitchen sink have you considered the no change Glasgow to Man train for a VA flight? Single ticket is circa £17, less if you've a rail card or exchange Tesco points for 3X Red Spotted Hanky. For us it's far easier to hop on at Durham, change at Man Victoria or Man Piccadilly to Heald Green Premier Inn, next door to HG station. As our gear's in Fl, we only take one cabin sized case and a backpack apiece.

Note: TPE have a 3 hour Easement should your inbound flight be delayed. The station clerk countersigns your tickets to allow you to travel on the next train.
We only go for a week in December so adding on an extra day to travel to Manchester probably wouldn’t work for us, although if I could talk DH into driving down(we’ve done this before) then it could be an option, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 23 Jun 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fingers crossed for Monday then... looking for reasonable price for WT+ to Vegas in November