Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 6 Jun 17, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Yay for starting the report. You both had a lot of stamina for the staying up so long. We're on that same flight in August so I hope we get as lucky with immigration.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
OMG you powered through that travel day! Heading to DTD after being awake for so long is quite an achievement!

Great travel day overall, PE looked great, better than usual with all the food you got!

Loving the flight socks, I think i'm a convert. I only wore them due to the pregnancy but where as I normally get swollen feet after a long haul flight, the last couple of trips I haven't so they might be in store for every future trip too! Wit woo!

Love that Paul blasts You're Welcome, Aaron has been known to do the same He is also another fan of The Rock!

Looking forward to more! x
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Great travel day, so exciting knowing you have the whole holiday ahead of you.

And congratulations on the pregnancy

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by janewah View Post
Yay you've started! Great travel day, can feel the excitement for the trip ahead. So impressed you managed so much on arrival! Xx
I do love travel day, despite being long and tiring it is always so exciting knowing you have the whole trip ahead of you... I think this is totally what kept me going once we arrived... pure adrenaline!

Originally Posted by Disney Wishing View Post
Yay for starting the report. You both had a lot of stamina for the staying up so long. We're on that same flight in August so I hope we get as lucky with immigration.
I will keep fingers crossed for you! We were very lucky, especially as that wasn't even using the sel-service machines... it was a miracle!

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
OMG you powered through that travel day! Heading to DTD after being awake for so long is quite an achievement!

Great travel day overall, PE looked great, better than usual with all the food you got!

Loving the flight socks, I think i'm a convert. I only wore them due to the pregnancy but where as I normally get swollen feet after a long haul flight, the last couple of trips I haven't so they might be in store for every future trip too! Wit woo!

Love that Paul blasts You're Welcome, Aaron has been known to do the same He is also another fan of The Rock!

Looking forward to more! x
I am totally a flight sock convert! I always get cold feet on flights so they were the perfect solution... I don't think I will fly without them now!

Haha I think all men have a little guy crush on The Rock... bless them!

Originally Posted by lovedisney89 View Post
Great travel day, so exciting knowing you have the whole holiday ahead of you.

And congratulations on the pregnancy
Thank you so much! It was such a lovely and smooth travel day, we could have asked for better really (well maybe a little less LA traffic but that was always going to be inevitable! )
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TracyW
Imagineer

Great start! Our 21 year old LOVED the wander wall, he said he has never eaten so much on a plane!

Amerihost Resort 2002, ASMovies May/June 2004, AKL 7/8 June 2004, ASMovies April 2006, DLRP Explorers Hotel Nov 2006, CB Aug 2008, Sequoia Lodge DLRP Aug 2009, POR Oct 2011, West Coast 2013, POR 2015, AMI 2015, DLC 2017, POR 2023
TracyW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

What a really good travel day. PE looks very nice indeed. We're flying back from LA in PE with BA for the first time so I'm looking forward to seeing the difference. I can't believe you found the energy to go and do some shopping (brilliant low cost) and also to go to DTD. I think we might try to stay up on our travel day and hope that it helps with the jetlag. I'm looking forward to hearing about your Disney days.
Old 6 Jun 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TracyW View Post
Great start! Our 21 year old LOVED the wander wall, he said he has never eaten so much on a plane!
Its such a great little perk, I love that you can just help yourself without having to bother the air stewards... plus those little bars of chocolate are so delicious!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
What a really good travel day. PE looks very nice indeed. We're flying back from LA in PE with BA for the first time so I'm looking forward to seeing the difference. I can't believe you found the energy to go and do some shopping (brilliant low cost) and also to go to DTD. I think we might try to stay up on our travel day and hope that it helps with the jetlag. I'm looking forward to hearing about your Disney days.
I think staying up that little bit longer really helped with getting us onto LA time nice and quickly (that said I was still awake bright and early the next day as you will see in the next installment!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Really looking forward to reading about the disneyland parks.
The food on your flight looked immense! So impressed.
Congratulations on your pregnancy and look forward to reading more. : )
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab travel day Lisa! I am
So impressed you were still raring to go at 9pm east coast time (I'm usually fast asleep by that west coast time no matter what!).

That little Walmart sounds amazing, those big stores can seem a tad overwhelming when you're tired.

The wonderwall sounds fab, I'm now gutted I didn't find it on our return flight

Shame about the booze... I feel ya... but glad to read Paul made up for it

So excited to read this - it's going to be my inspiration for our trip there whenever that may be.

And you look lovely! Where weren't your trousers from? Xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beegnjasmum View Post
Really looking forward to reading about the disneyland parks.
The food on your flight looked immense! So impressed.
Congratulations on your pregnancy and look forward to reading more. : )
Thank you so much! I am so excited to relive the Disneyland days, they really were amazing... I just need to trawl through the thousands of photos first!

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Fab travel day Lisa! I am
So impressed you were still raring to go at 9pm east coast time (I'm usually fast asleep by that west coast time no matter what!).

That little Walmart sounds amazing, those big stores can seem a tad overwhelming when you're tired.

The wonderwall sounds fab, I'm now gutted I didn't find it on our return flight

Shame about the booze... I feel ya... but glad to read Paul made up for it

So excited to read this - it's going to be my inspiration for our trip there whenever that may be.

And you look lovely! Where weren't your trousers from? Xx
Ah thank you so much, they were just a cheap and cheerful pair from eBay last summer! They are so comfy though and perfect for an expanding belly I need to hunt some more down!