Notices

Old 7 Jul 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 13, Caribe Villa Brisa & Teak Neighborhood Grill

So this was our last full day and despite another late night in the hot tub last night I was up at 7am as usual and typed up my trip report with a caramel latte. Kieran was up and in the pool early. Once my TR was done I was not far behind him. We had no plans for today, but I already new I just wanted another day of lying in the sun before we home to rubbish weather and work. I felt we had hammered the parks anyway and I was done with that.

Hannah wanted another lazy day. Kieran wanted to go and play mini golf at the course we hadn't done yet. Kevin was not bothered as long as he got a couple of hours at the pool in the afternoon. Kevin also wanted to go to Teak for our last dinner, still being his favourite restaurant.

So Kevin and Kieran set off for mini golf at Fantasia, and I lay my lazy rump beside the pool. Here I read through all the previous comments in the visitor book. Most are from Canadians which is where Randy and Barb are from. So come on dibbers, get booking Caribe Brisa Villa through the dibb and get the Brit count up! I added my own comments, making sure I kept to one page and didn't rattle on the way I always do! I found it quite hard. There's been so much to love about this villa.

I shared my pool area with this wee chap

Who liked showing off his fancy neck!

The boys returned about 12 and had some lunch. We are trying (and failing miserably) to use up all the leftover food.

We spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool just chilling and playing pool games. We got ready and headed to the premium outlets at international drive. It was a really hot one today and even I was yelling to get the aircon going quick. Check out that temperature as we left the villa!

We parked up at the Victoria's Secret end as that was the main place we wanted anyway. We got distracted by the North Face shop on the way in of course. Had another look for a jacket for Kieran but the boys stuff is still too small and the adult small is still to big. We will hopefully be able to treat him next year. While we were trying to find him something sensible we turn round and he is rocking this wee number

We didn't buy any jackets. But I did end up buying myself these boots for $29.99.

I then spotted that they had another pair which would fit my best pal Dianne (Easton, from the 2015 trip report) so got them too. If they fit and she likes them that will be her Christmas present. If not I will eBay them to recoup my money!

It was at this point I should maybe have thought about the luggage allowance...

Next we split up, with the boys heading off looking for fidget spinners (I know!) and the girls into Victoria's Secret, where I got a couple of underwear sets by picking up 2 bras from the $19.99 section then having a good rummage in the undies bins to find the matching ones for $5. Success! Hannah picked up umpteen little bralets for $3 each and yet more body sprays. She loves these.

I popped into Kate Spade. Just for a look, you know. And these wee gems fell into my shopping basket. 70% off again and an absolute steal

We had a look in Dress Barn but no CK dresses I wanted (or didn't already have!) on their $24.99 rack. Weirdly, I also noticed that some of the dresses I got in the Vineland dress barn for $24.99 were full price $56 in here. So maybe I just got really lucky! When we met back up with the boys Kevin had bought a Tommy H shirt

And Kieran had got 2 new fidget spinners. One that glows in the dark and one that is a ninja fidget spinner.

2 weird things I saw today. A shoulderless bomber jacket in Charlotte Russe. Seriously, what's the point?

And you know how in our shopping centres you can hire wee cars for kids to sit in and be pushed around? Well here they hire these wee ride on animals. They have a motor in them and drive along. No pushing required!

It was time to go to Teak for dinner, so we drove the 15mins North from the premium outlets.

It is ladies night so the cocktails are $5 from 5pm to 10pm. I started with a Ruby Rose

I ordered the Wasabi Salmon. It is grilled Salmon smothered in sweet BBQ sauce and is supposed to come with wasabi mash. I cant stand wasabi so swapped that for normal mash. OMG this was delicious

And came with a side of Caesar salad

Kevin had a Wholly Hell

Which had jalapeņos and things, which he loved

Kieran had a smoking gun

And Hannah had the donut burger but with Chicken instead of beef again

I then had a couple of Midnight Lemonades (lovely and sweet)

The kids shared a Chocolate Lava Cake smothered in ice cream

And my dessert was a strawberry margarita

Another gorgeous dinner and still our favourite restaurant by far.

With reasonable prices for portions that huge and such lovely cocktails

We then drove back down the road. Now, where to spend our last night? In that lovely pool of course! Apart from Hannah who was in her jammies and on her social media, last night or not

We watched the lightning away in the distance and watched the fireflies dancing around. Love them. Kieran joined us for a while before taking himself off for a shower and bed. And so ended our last day. Tomorrow, we need to get up and finish packing and be out of the villa by 10am.

Spoiler alert. The luggage allowance is a problem for the first time ever.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 7 Jul 17 12:21 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
What a lovely way to spend your last full day. I've never heard of Teak before - looks lovely. Off now to add it to our list of places to eat! We're heading to High Grove on Monday - your trip report has made great reading! Happy packing!
Old 7 Jul 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Manyin
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely day and great holiday. I saw you at the outlets and was going to say hi, but didn't want to appear to be a crazy Scottish stalker lol, so I'll say hi now. Great report.

DLRP 1995, 2001,05,08
Rodeway Inn 2000, Ramada 2002, Hawthorn Suites 2007,09,10,11
Sheraton Vistana 2013,15 & 19 RI@ Pointe 14/16/17/19/22/23/23 LBV 18/22
LV Mandalay Bay 2011 - MGM 14, - Caesars 15, Luxor 16,17,18(x2), 19
Manyin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A great day again. Fab review of the villa too. Thanks so much for the pictures of the salmon at Teak: we don't eat burgers but I've always wanted to go and finally I can put it on our list as something I know we'll enjoy. Safe travels home x
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

Lovely last day and as a villa owner, thank you for writing in Randy & Barb's visitors book we owners do appreciate it.
Rob & Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely relaxing day

Joan
Old 7 Jul 17, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely last day
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great last full day!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Your going to have to back on holiday next week to keep us all occupied with your reports!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List