Notices

Old 22 Mar 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We did NYC and Orlando last summer, it was fab to combine the two. We didn't do Disney, but we did do universal and sea world. NYC was awesome, everywhere you look is familiar from tv and movies it is great to just wander around. I hope you have a brilliant time.
I've read your report a couple of times and probably will again to help with planning!
I need to do some proper NYC investigating in the next few months as I think the Orlando section will run like clockwork.
Thanks so much hopefully it goes well
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
I've read your report a couple of times and probably will again to help with planning!
I need to do some proper NYC investigating in the next few months as I think the Orlando section will run like clockwork.
Thanks so much hopefully it goes well
I'm glad that there were parts of it that were helpful. Just watch out for those subway train doors they are not in any way forgiving and I don't want you to lose a foot .

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Ooh found you! Both our plans for NY look so similar, I'm hoping we get it all done
I've just been given the go ahead from my OH that we can do MNSSHP! I'm ridiculously excited as its our first time too. Are you dressing up?
Sounds like you will have an amazing time

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ooh found you! Both our plans for NY look so similar, I'm hoping we get it all done
I've just been given the go ahead from my OH that we can do MNSSHP! I'm ridiculously excited as its our first time too. Are you dressing up?
Sounds like you will have an amazing time
I so thought I'd responded
I've got to starr figuring everything out soon as we can book SoL in May and ADRS this week.
I don't think we'll dress up but who knows ha!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
I so thought I'd responded
I've got to starr figuring everything out soon as we can book SoL in May and ADRS this week.
I don't think we'll dress up but who knows ha!
Haha I do that all the time!
I'm sure it will all fall into place, there's just so much to see and so little time
Good luck on getting the ADR's that you want, I know its such a nerve racking time!
I really want to dress up but the others are dead against it, spoil sports

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Haha I do that all the time!
I'm sure it will all fall into place, there's just so much to see and so little time
Good luck on getting the ADR's that you want, I know its such a nerve racking time!
I really want to dress up but the others are dead against it, spoil sports
Yeah i've got a rough plan and once I start booking stuff for NY it'll be fine
Luckily its just BoG i'm trying to get!
And I think Arron will be dead against it too
Old 24 Apr 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
emsparkles
VIP Dibber

emsparkles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So your trip sounds similar to mine! Same dates pretty much.. except we are doing New Orleans instead of New York for a pre Orlando mini trip. We are also doing MNSSHP the same night as you on the 23rd and my other half doesnt want to dress up but going to try to persuade him. Just did my ADR's as we arrive in Disney on the 19th October! got everything I wanted including California Grill on a non party night so we can see the Happily ever after version! Will be following your plans, they sound great and NYC is THE most amazing city!

DVC Member: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort- August 2001 ** Upcoming February 2024***
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort- March 2020, October 2018 & 2023
Disney's Boardwalk Inn & Villas - February/March 2017 & 2016
Disney's Coronando Springs Resort - June 2013
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2012 & March 2022
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - April 1995 & 1998
emsparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by emsparkles View Post
So your trip sounds similar to mine! Same dates pretty much.. except we are doing New Orleans instead of New York for a pre Orlando mini trip. We are also doing MNSSHP the same night as you on the 23rd and my other half doesnt want to dress up but going to try to persuade him. Just did my ADR's as we arrive in Disney on the 19th October! got everything I wanted including California Grill on a non party night so we can see the Happily ever after version! Will be following your plans, they sound great and NYC is THE most amazing city!
New Orleans sounds cool! Somewhere I think we'd like to go,
I saw you in the MNSSHP thread, not sure who i'd dress up as to be honest but doubt it'll happen.
How exciting ADR wise, being on QSDP I grabbed a breakfast and lunch reservation for BoG but nothing else

I saw TimTracker's California Grill vlog and thought it looks lovely for Happily ever after.

I need the figure plans out with NYC, its such a famous city with so much to do that it seems daunting!
Old 29 Apr 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Update 29th April

Hi

Just thought i'd do a quick update today as its been over a month since I last did.
There isn't much to report on as we're still just saving up and work has been pretty nonstop too!

Orlando

Last week was our ADR day...and as we're on QSDP we were on looking for one restaurant.

I booked us an 8:50 reservation on 22nd October and a 12:10 reservation on 26th October.

We'll definitely do the breakfast, I booked the lunch as well but can obviously cancel if we change our minds!

Now 100% wanting to go to the 23rd October MNSSHP

It is one of my next things to buy so will do that in May at some point

New York

This is the scary planning section as i've no idea what i'm doing

WE have figured we want to see something on Broadway and will be planning to go on the 18th October as its a Thursday so quite a bit cheaper than the other days!

I think Book of Mormon is our top choice.

On Tuesday i'm going to be looking to buy tickets to...

I was planning to put this in for the 18th first thing in the morning and with Crown access its still under $50 for the 2 of us.

I started to investigate how to get from and to JFK, was thinking of doing a shared transfer but have read lots of horror stories

So think we'll just get a taxi each way instead.

My Vacation Planner is quite upto date currently so please have a read through it, its just a weird middle time when we can start buying bits and bobs!

Edited at 09:21 PM.
Old 9 May 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I've loved reading your pre-trippie so far! We fly out 27th October and are staying at RPR on 1st November!

I have always wanted to go to New York, but Mr Grump (Hubby) has said we can do it once the kid's are older as it's not really their sort of thing ... I'm so jelous!

My friend seen Wicked on Broadway and said it was absolutely phenomenal. I've seen it in Sunderland once and London 3 times now and I could watch it again tomorrow, such a fab production if you change your mind from The Book Of Mormon.

Can't wait to follow the rest of your report, not sure about you but for me reading other's reports gets me so excited and I've picked up so many hints and tips! X

Edited at 10:56 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List