Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
How did it take me almost a week to find this

A Disney only holiday sounds perfect. Anytime I look at Disney accommodation options I always like the look of OKW, so I think it's a good choice.

I'm sure some good flight prices will come up for you soon. I think your flight wish list is very reasonable and totally attainable. My budget for flights is always £500 pp but for the last 3 trips they've come in well under that.

I was so excited to find this pre-trip Abby. Pleeeaaase do a full Trip Report as your reports are fab
Hi Lynda

I'm so glad to have you with me. Thanks for the words of encouragement re okw...I'm still see sawing...it didn't help that yesterday I watched a Tim Tracker vlog from POR! I'm my own worst enemy.

I'm not too worried about the flights, the worst that can happen is I will pay more than I want, but I'm optimistic.

You're so sweet, course I want to do a full report .

Xxx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 09:02 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

We'll be at OKW at the same time too
I did originally book POR as my favourite Disney film is Princess and the Frog and it looks gorgeous but we changed to OKW as we like the extra's you get with the Deluxe - the balcony being a biggy for us. We use it lots, we like to wind down, relax and drink after the end of a busy day plus I'm usually up an hour or two before everyone and love having a drink and a read before everyone's awake. May even use it this time to do some notes for a TR.
My DD's love sitting out having brekkie on the balcony before we start our day. They want to eat as soon as they wake up.
Our first WDW holiday was at OKW and it was amazing, in 2016 we did Sarotoga Springs and had a fab holiday but we just didn't like SS - I found myself comparing it to OKW and wishing we had booked there again.
We will definately visit POR though as I have to get some beignets
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
We'll be at OKW at the same time too
I did originally book POR as my favourite Disney film is Princess and the Frog and it looks gorgeous but we changed to OKW as we like the extra's you get with the Deluxe - the balcony being a biggy for us. We use it lots, we like to wind down, relax and drink after the end of a busy day plus I'm usually up an hour or two before everyone and love having a drink and a read before everyone's awake. May even use it this time to do some notes for a TR.
My DD's love sitting out having brekkie on the balcony before we start our day. They want to eat as soon as they wake up.
Our first WDW holiday was at OKW and it was amazing, in 2016 we did Sarotoga Springs and had a fab holiday but we just didn't like SS - I found myself comparing it to OKW and wishing we had booked there again.
We will definately visit POR though as I have to get some beignets
Oh no! Now I'm thinking the balcony would be fab for a morning coffee and an evening nightcap. Oh darn it. Decisions, decisions.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Eeeek, this is so exciting! Sounds like it's going to be a fabulous trip! I didn't book flights until about 9 weeks before we went and it was very stressful. Worth it though as we got a bargain!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Eeeek, this is so exciting! Sounds like it's going to be a fabulous trip! I didn't book flights until about 9 weeks before we went and it was very stressful. Worth it though as we got a bargain!
Hey there!

I can't promise quite as many cocktails as you, but there will be plenty and I am trying to think of how to sell Trader Sam's to the kids, any ideas?

Thanks for reassuring me about the flights, I just have to be patient.

Old 7 Nov 17, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I'd actually forgotten that the Studios at OKW had balconies! We absolutely loved having a balcony, and really missed it this year when we were at CSR. Sitting in the sun with your Kindle is blissful!

Ultimately I do think that you might long for POR at OKW, but the vice versa wouldn't be true. I am aware that I am really not helping!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been meaning to comment on this for days. If the food one is anything I go by (blurry pics included!) I am very excited at the prospect of a full TR from you.

Interesting that you’re not feeling OKW as we’ve booked SSR for next year and I kind of feel the same, possibly more because I’ve never booked flights separately and I’m a bit scared of that part as and when flights are released for Nov18. However, we are looking forward to trying a new resort (POFQ is the only one we’ve stayed at twice and that was 20 years apart). Id suggest you stick with OKW and go for POR in 2020 - nice to have somewhere you like to go back to, especially as I think so many of us are going to be priced out of the deluxe resorts before long.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I'd actually forgotten that the Studios at OKW had balconies! We absolutely loved having a balcony, and really missed it this year when we were at CSR. Sitting in the sun with your Kindle is blissful!

Ultimately I do think that you might long for POR at OKW, but the vice versa wouldn't be true. I am aware that I am really not helping!
Well, I priced it up and for the 4 of us for 2 weeks at POR in a royal room with upgraded qsdp to ddp it would be an extra £700 . So at least now I know what I'm talking about. Given how little time is spent in the room I'm really talking about paying £700 for 5 minutes of wow when we first arrive... Unbelievably this hasn't ruled it out for me, I'm still in the pursuit of 'cheap' flights so as to justify the potential extra spend.

I'll probably still be debating this with myself and you guys right up to July!

DH knows nothing of my quandary he doesn't even know (or much care) what resort we are staying in!

I think he is still under the delusion that I will grow out of disney .

Old 7 Nov 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
I’ve been meaning to comment on this for days. If the food one is anything I go by (blurry pics included!) I am very excited at the prospect of a full TR from you.

Interesting that you’re not feeling OKW as we’ve booked SSR for next year and I kind of feel the same, possibly more because I’ve never booked flights separately and I’m a bit scared of that part as and when flights are released for Nov18. However, we are looking forward to trying a new resort (POFQ is the only one we’ve stayed at twice and that was 20 years apart). Id suggest you stick with OKW and go for POR in 2020 - nice to have somewhere you like to go back to, especially as I think so many of us are going to be priced out of the deluxe resorts before long.
Well, I'm fairly confident there will blurry photos! Who am I kidding? Of course there will be. You will all just be pleased to see that there are photos at all and that I haven't forgotten to take them .

Also, I imagine there will be just as many mishaps as there were previously. Many times when writing up the food report I thought to myself you would all think I was exaggerating some of the things that happend (yes I am referring to the metro incident where DS nearly lost his foot, it absolutely happened exactly as I described) or that we couldn't possibly have such utterly ridiculous conversations (yes DH does seem to think breakfast is the most appropriate time to ask about the itinerary for the day, or if he thinks he might need to plan what to wear then perhaps he will ask at dinner the previous evening, this he feels is him taking an active interest).

So, while I live in (unrealistic) hope that we will have an incident free holiday and that everything will be idyllic and not in any way funny, that is not what happens on our trips. It makes a mockery of my well thought out plans and itineraries, the bonus though is that it does make for a more interesting trip report.

only a week until you are off now though...have fun.

Old 7 Nov 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Well, I'm fairly confident there will blurry photos! Who am I kidding? Of course there will be. You will all just be pleased to see that there are photos at all and that I haven't forgotten to take them .

Also, I imagine there will be just as many mishaps as there were previously. Many times when writing up the food report I thought to myself you would all think I was exaggerating some of the things that happend (yes I am referring to the metro incident where DS nearly lost his foot, it absolutely happened exactly as I described) or that we couldn't possibly have such utterly ridiculous conversations (yes DH does seem to think breakfast is the most appropriate time to ask about the itinerary for the day, or if he thinks he might need to plan what to wear then perhaps he will ask at dinner the previous evening, this he feels is him taking an active interest).

So, while I live in (unrealistic) hope that we will have an incident free holiday and that everything will be idyllic and not in any way funny, that is not what happens on our trips. It makes a mockery of my well thought out plans and itineraries, the bonus though is that it does make for a more interesting trip report.

only a week until you are off now though...have fun.
I kid you not - every time something rogue or maverick happened on our last trip, I was secretly thinking “this is GREAT material for the TR”. Except perhaps apart from the time my boobs fell out on Primeval Whirl...but people seemed to enjoy that story anyway.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List