Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Mar 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Loads of food pics from our Honeymoon October 2017 (no Disney)

Hi guys!

I joined here recently and I see it's a thing to post food pictures on here! Well in that case I thought I'd share all the pics from our Honeymoon back in October. These are from Universal/Seaworld parks/I-Drive, no Disney I'm afraid. (That's for next trip!)

So, to start us off, Universal/IOA food!

Ribs and chicken meal at Thunder Falls Terrace near Jurassic Park, and a 'brookie'. This was easily enough between two! Brookie was delicious

Shaved lemon and strawberry ice from a kiosk in the super hero area

Gumbo and cajun pasta at Pat O'Briens in Citywalk. Food only OK but atmosphere in the rear courtyard just lovely and romantic.

Beginets at Pat O'Briens

Giant pink donut from the Simpsons shop. So good and lasted us 4 days!

Islands Dining Room in Loews Royal Pacific, coconut bread which comes out at the start of the meal (amazing)

Islands Dining Room General Tso's Chicken

Islands Dining room green curry chicken

Cabana Bay Bayline Diner toasted sandwiches, one was pulled pork the other one bbq beef. Bbq beef one much better

In the background you can see the re-fillable Volcano Bay cup which you can purchase. I think it was around $15 and you could re-activate it a second day for around $8

Cowfish Sushi on Citywalk, a burger and some sushi! Sorry I can't be more descriptive than that...

Volcano Bay mixed tacos from the taco frog

Margaritaville in Citywalk. You can't see it well but my husband has a chicken and beef skewer with rice. I have fish and chips. This food was only OK and it was one of the most expensive meals we had!

Edited at 05:19 PM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Oh it all looks delish , that tso chicken I want now !
Old 24 Mar 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jesslydevie1 View Post
Oh it all looks delish , that tso chicken I want now !
Thank you The chicken was good! I had a curry dish which I forgot to put the picture up of, so just going to edit that in now!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Love the giant doughnuts like your husbands hat in Margaritaville too
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Seaworld Parks!

Busch Gardens- chinese food from the Dragonfire grill food court

Also pictured a novelty Falcons Fury cup! Don't buy this, in the heat it melted and you could taste the plastic in the water... ew. My husband still insisted we carry it around and it's now in the kitchen cupboard lol.

Aquatica- from Mango Joes Market
Pulled pork sandwich and fries

Turkey leg- pulled apart because it was gross and we wanted to see what it looked like inside. It looks like gammon.

Discovery Cove
Beef with rice- this was not on the menu! We saw someone else get it so asked for the same (ignore the date on the camera, it's wrong. For some reason my hubby took this picture on our GoPro)

Breakfast items at DC

Snacks that I pilfered to take away with us. There's cookies in the paper bags. Gotta get your moneys worth lol.

Old 24 Mar 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Love the giant doughnuts like your husbands hat in Margaritaville too
Haha I didn't even notice that! I am a Donut addict so I was in heaven with that big pink one. Didn't expect it to be as soft and delicious as it was. It was breakfast every day until we had to check out lol... which I guess is acceptable only when on holiday!
Old 24 Mar 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I Drive Restaurants!

I-Hop: Red velvet pancakes (amazing), I think blueberry pancakes? And cooked breakfast

Millers Ale House- chicken zingers mountain

Seito Sushi (just off I-Drive)
Dumplings starter

Bao Buns starter (I think with pork belly in?)

Shrimp YakiSoba (AMAZING so flavourful)

Raw tuna bowl type thing (doesn't look like much but hubby said there was loads in there! Can't remember exactly what it was called on the menu)

Seito Sushi was soooooo good if you get the chance to go.

Bahama Breeze:
Coconut crusted shrimp with rice, brocolli and yummy dipping sauce

Jamaican platter (empanada, plantains, pulled pork, rice and beans, wings, possibly something else I can't identify from the picture!)
Old 24 Mar 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

TGI Fridays- some kind of chicken, cheese and mash dish, and a breaded chicken, pasta and salad dish. Neither good! Worst meal we had. Probably should have had burgers but we tried to not just eat junk every day...

Olive Garden, complementary breadsticks and soup (yums). Also cocktails

Seafood pasta and create-your-own pasta with sausage (did not expect it to come as whole sausages lol)

Old 24 Mar 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

And finally... Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy plane food

Outbound
Beef dish with salad and white chocolate cheesecake (the cheesecake was lush)

The veggie pasta option with salad and cheesecake

Later on there was an afternoon tea which for once we did not take a pic of. It was a pepper and hummus sandwich or a chicken mayo sandwich with a scone and a small cake thing. Also mini Fab lollies handed out, and in the galley there was a tray full of nice snacks. Crisps, nuts, chocolate bars etc.

Return:
These both look like chicken curry but I think one must be beef! I'm going to go out on a limb and say the first one is beef massaman, and the second is a chinese chicken curry

Breakfast which was served and some ungodly hour

And I think that's it! If I find any other random pics I will add them
Old 24 Mar 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Some fab food here. We liked Cowfish on citywalk and the blueberry pancakes from IHOP were delish! Thanks for sharing. I love looking at the yummy food photos.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List