Notices

Old 1 Apr 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Just the Two of Us, we can make it if we try!

So we’re off again. 3rd – 17th May 2017, just me and my DH, who likes to take the photo’s, not be in them (job related). This will be our 12th trip, and I still can’t get enough. I absolutely do not want to holiday anywhere else, and love it when my family accompanies us, but I am happy to go alone if I have to.

This will be a very relaxing holiday following our frantic holiday last year when my DS decided he was going to join us last minute – my favourite photopass picture from last year with my DS and DGS’s.

I love it more when I am surrounded by family, and they find it very hard to keep up with my busy schedule. I love all the planning involved in a holiday to Florida, and loved the spur of the moment decision for my DS to join us last year – we had a packed itinerary, full of surprises for them.

I am an avid bargain hunter, money saver and couponer. Since retiring at 50, I love shopping and getting bargains. I have a fantastic stockpile in my garage – and I love to coupon in Florida too. All money saving to go on our Florida trips. Here are a few pics of my successes over the last year or so. Anything I don't use goes to the local food bank - the bottom right photograph was last year's contribution.

Anyway, on with the trippie.

Flights were booked in November last year Black Friday deal offering free bags with TUI. We live in Nottingham, but are flying out of Birmingham. We paid £999 for the two of us, but that included ELR seats and upgraded baggage. I’ve since negotiated a PE upgrade for £100 each for our inbound flight, so not too bad. We don’t now have the ELR seats outbound, but have seats 12A and 12B, so should be off pretty quickly. We have seats 1G and 1J inbound, so no recliners – which is priceless to me, and I've also got extra baggage.

I’ve booked the Crowne Plaza at Solihull for the night before the flight – it’s a freebie with IHG points, including breakfast. Chosen this hotel as it has more options for a meal the night before the flight, being opposite the Touchwood Shopping Centre. It also had excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. Couldn’t get a Premier Inn deal at all for Birmingham, being so close to the NEC, it has never had any cheap offers. Have put in a bid for an £18 upgrade to Club Level – and will find out if this is successful at check in. We’re having a taxi instead of paying for airport parking, I absolutely hate the drive back after the flight, so would prefer someone else to do the driving.

Car Hire booked in November 2017 through Alama Brits for £360 for an intermediate SUV, have since cancelled and re-booked through Netflights for £321 (£10 cashback to come off that too). Last time we were at Sanford we had a nice $20 upgrade to a Santa Fe, so hoping for something along these lines this time too.

Then we are off to Saratoga Springs Resort for 5 nights on DDP.

Booked through Orlando Attractions, with the free $100 gift card. Bit pricey for the 2 of us, but it needed to be done. We’ve previously stayed at OKW and Kidani, so it will be nice to try somewhere different. Have requested Grandstand area.

ADR’s booked as follows:-

Teppan Edo (2nd visit – loved it here)
OHana’s (1st time)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (1st time)
Liberty Tree Tavern (1st time)
QS – BOG breakfast and lunch booked. Blaze and DLuxe Burger will be visited, together with Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.

All fastpasses secured including 2 x FOP – it has been so easy with just the 2 of us with both ADR’s and FP’s.

We are then going to the lovely Sue’s Dibb Villa Aurora for the remaining 9 nights. Really looking forward to some R&R here. This villa has been on my shortlist for a while, and it’s the reason we’re flying from Birmingham instead of East Midlands, as the dates fitted in with the villa’s availability. The location of the villa will be ideal for my shopping trips to TJ Maxx and Target, and also Texas Roadhouse

We will be eating at the usual places:-
Millers Ale House – Monday Ribs and Thursday Prime Rib
Texas Roadhouse – Sirloin Sunday
Devenney’s Irish Bar – two for one Fish and Chips
TRex and Rainforest Cafe with the Landry’s Card.

I’ve finally received a Starbucks invite from Groupon $5 for $10 value, so looking forward to using this, and any more that are available. I previously purchased the VIP Lifetime Dine for Less Card from Groupon so will be utilising this. Hoping for a Cici’s Groupon too.

Still to do:-

Renew Esta’s
Book taxi to and from Birmingham Airport
Sort out my 3 sim with Feel at Home – use this all the time for Sat Nav.

Hope you’ve enjoyed reading, I’ve tried to include as much detail of costs etc. Please comment if you’ve enjoyed reading, it’s nice to know someone actually read these reports.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds fab we’ve stayed at SSR and we loved it great to walk over to Disney Springs in the evening, and Blaze Pizza was our favourite yummm! What area is the Villa in? We’ve always done hotels in Orlando but we’d like to try something different next time.
Looking forward to your next instalment, thanks for taking the time 😀😀
Old 1 Apr 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Sounds fab we’ve stayed at SSR and we loved it great to walk over to Disney Springs in the evening, and Blaze Pizza was our favourite yummm! What area is the Villa in? We’ve always done hotels in Orlando but we’d like to try something different next time.
Looking forward to your next instalment, thanks for taking the time 😀😀
Hi Julie, thanks for reading - Villa Aurora is in Sunset Lakes, which is really close to the 192 and Disney. We love staying at WDW, but are always really glad to have the space and tranquillity of a villa. I have a shortlist of Dibb villas yet to try.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds fab 👍 We are going in 3 weeks - first time without the kids who are now 20 and almost 18. I would love to do Disney one year like you followed by a villa but DD isn’t ready to let us do that without her lol so we are staying in the Rosen Plaza with Universal park tickets followed by a few days in St Pete Beach which is a new thing for us 😀

Looking forward to reading more 😀
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Sounds fab 👍 We are going in 3 weeks - first time without the kids who are now 20 and almost 18. I would love to do Disney one year like you followed by a villa but DD isn’t ready to let us do that without her lol so we are staying in the Rosen Plaza with Universal park tickets followed by a few days in St Pete Beach which is a new thing for us 😀

Looking forward to reading more 😀
That sounds lovely too - it is nice doing a split stay - I'm always ready for a break after a full on WDW stay. St Pete's is really lovely- and it's a totally different holiday without the kids - although I know I'm going to spend every minute wishing they were with me to share the experience.

Janette
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
Old 4 Apr 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you'll have an amazing holiday! I'm very impressed with your stockpiling discounted goods
Have a wonderful time

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Sounds like an amazing trip. Can't wait to read all about it. x
Old 4 Apr 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Can't wait to read your report. Hope you have fun x
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, I am also in awe of your stockpiling! That is amazing. I hope you have a brilliant time. It sounds like you're going to enjoy yourselves even if it is just the 2 of you. Not long now!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Thanks everyone for your replies. I love my stockpile, I like to get something free or discounted every week if I can. Apart from my Florida planning, it's my main hobby. I didn't post any of my bathroom stockpile - I have 2 cupboards indoors full of bathroom toiletries too!

Janette
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018