Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Apr 18, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Can’t wait to follow along - great start!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
So excited to read the rest of this - great start!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Woohooo! Great start.

I love Junkyard for cocktails (and a random Cherry Lambrini lol) but never played golf there. Scary clowns looks fun though.

Can't wait to read all about it!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jennieg2
Excited about Disney

Brilliant start! So excited for this, love your food reports 🍹
Old 30 Apr 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Great start.
How good are you two getting to a park on arrival night!
Looking forward to reading more.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
can't believe they gave out Fisherman's Friends on the plane lol. I'd be waiting for some poor unsuspecting passenger to eat one thinking it was a normal sweet
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Yay, a foodie report! Following 😀
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurynn
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Following
Aurynn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Day 1

This was a super long day and we ate a ridiculous amount...!

As is traditional, we woke up stupidly early on the first day. I was wide awake at about 4:30am but forced myself back to sleep until 6. We had breakfast booked at The Kitchen which is a restaurant located within Hard Rock Hotel. I got ready in my Harry Potter top and Deathly Hallows headband!

Unfortunately my lanyard was the wrong franchise

The breakfast at The Kitchen is a buffet, we were booked in at 7am and we were the first ones in there, so I had chance to take some pictures...

There was also a couple of grill stations where you could get pancakes, waffles, eggs and omelettes made to order.

I didn't take a picture of all of our plates but here's some...

Gutted I didn't end up trying any of the breakfast pizza as it looked amazing, but the fresh apple cinnamon waffles were the highlight, they were delicious!

It was a really good breakfast as it was last time! I was wearing my vest and some yoga pants and the waitress asked me, 'Wont you be cold?!?!?!' I answered that I was from England and that seemed to be enough to calm her down. I don't think I was cold the whole holiday...

We headed into Universal to do the rest of the attractions that we'd missed the previous day, then got the Hogwarts Express over to Islands of Adventure. Mid-morning we went to Starbucks for a quick drink and snack. Chris got an iced coffee of some kind and I got a Very Berry Hibiscus refresher. We also got some crisps and a packet of dried fruit and nuts...

My drink was lovely, first time I've had one of those and I can see why people bang on about them. The snacks filled a hole. I also got the Starbucks You Are Here mug:

Later on we had a look in Snookers & Snookers Sweet Candy Cookers in the Seuss area of IoA, we didn't buy anything but some of it looked amazing!

After a thorough soaking on the water rides we shared a pink lemonade..

We then left the park and went back to the hotel for a lazy afternoon.

We ate at the Beach Club pool bar at HRH. I had an Electric Ladyland, like always - frozen blackberry vodka, raspberry and lemonade:

Chris was miffed to discover that all of the draft beer was off for some reason, so he ended up with a Goose Island which he did enjoy in fairness.

We shared a chicken burger, this was delicious and just the right amount between us.

It had sriracha mayo on it so it had a bit of a kick, it was so yummy.

We had some pool time for a few hours, Chris nipped to the toilet and came back with ice cream! He had pretty much finished his by the time he got back so I couldn't get a picture, but mine was lemon sorbet which was gorgeous in the hot weather.

After a bit of laziness, we went back to the room and got freshened up ready for the DVC member party at Animal Kingdom! I've put a full review of the night in the DVC forum if anyone is interested, but it was a fantastic night.

While I was queuing up for our wristbands in the park Chris went to get us a drink from the Dawa Bar, I asked him to surprise me and he brought me a Tikiti Punch - Snow Leopard Vodka and Watermelon Lemonade:

This was really lovely and fresh tasting, loved it. He did good

We shared a honey chicken from Yak and Yeti as for some reason we were starving...

This was lovely as always

Chris also wanted something sweet so he got a chocolate Mickey head with banana chips from Kusafiri Bakery:

He said this was 'ok'. His reviews are very in depth as you'll agree!

The park was open until 1am however we only lasted until 11, which I still think was pretty impressive considering we only arrived the day before! Before leaving we went to get some of the free food they were handing out. There was hot dogs, crisps, carrot sticks, cookies and apple slices as well as soft drinks. At the food stations you just told them how may people and they gave you one of everything! We were a bit confused and hysterically tired at this point so we got three lots

Between us we ate all of the hot dogs, carrots and apples (the carrots were really bizarre and weird tasting but we wanted to say we'd eaten some veg) and took the crisps and cookies back for room snacks.

This was actually our busiest day of the holiday, bar far the most steps done, however in the afternoon we had a really nice chill so it didn't feel as heavy as it was.

Edited at 06:49 PM.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Wow, what a packed first day! That chicken burger looks so good! Looking forward to reading more
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List