Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 30 Apr 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

Expedia Question – Quidco cashback on booking

I am about to book a three night stay at the Royal Pacific Resort and going to make sure of Quidco and Expedia to get 12% Cashback.

However, noticed on Expedia that I have two options to complete the booking;
1) Pay the hotel now up front with free cancellation still available (plus earn from expedia points)
2) Pay deposits now and remaining amount is due upon arrival (can still cancel)

Do I have to go with the first option in order to earn the cash back? Assuming that I do, but if not, then seems better to just pay the deposit and keep the money myself for another 4 months.

Thanks
WASTID is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WASTID View Post
I am about to book a three night stay at the Royal Pacific Resort and going to make sure of Quidco and Expedia to get 12% Cashback.

However, noticed on Expedia that I have two options to complete the booking;
1) Pay the hotel now up front with free cancellation still available (plus earn from expedia points)
2) Pay deposits now and remaining amount is due upon arrival (can still cancel)

Do I have to go with the first option in order to earn the cash back? Assuming that I do, but if not, then seems better to just pay the deposit and keep the money myself for another 4 months.

Thanks
I’m very confused I’ve booked one night at portofino via quidco to get 12% and opted to pay deposit
Tracked with quidco but I’ve not paid anything!
So I presume either the hotel will take a deposit at some stage or they keep your credit card details as security
I’ve checked and double checked booking and credit card statement no money taken and definite booking
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
I’m very confused I’ve booked one night at portofino via quidco to get 12% and opted to pay deposit
Tracked with quidco but I’ve not paid anything!
So I presume either the hotel will take a deposit at some stage or they keep your credit card details as security
I’ve checked and double checked booking and credit card statement no money taken and definite booking
Very strange. Maybe they have just put a hold against the credit card?

Have you checked your available credit versus your card balance? If there is a difference it could well be the hold against funds as a deposit?

Mind, still doesn't clarify whether I should take the reserve option or the pay in full option.
WASTID is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Yes u get the cash back either way. You won’t get your Expedia points though with deposit.

I booked with ebookers Saturday (same company as Expedia) and noticed that you can only use their price match guarantee if you pay in full so I did. I then price matched to netflights who were cheaper and they refunded the difference yesterday.

Not sure if Expedia still do price match, think I read that they’d removed it, but worth looking to see if they do and if you need to pay in full to use it.

I got 10% top cash back from ebookers and also their own cash back to use on my next booking which will be for the same trip so a good deal imo.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WASTID View Post
Very strange. Maybe they have just put a hold against the credit card?

Have you checked your available credit versus your card balance? If there is a difference it could well be the hold against funds as a

Mind, still doesn't clarify whether I should take the reserve option or the pay in full option.
Nope all correct perhaps they are waiting for the hotel to confirm first
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
Nope all correct perhaps they are waiting for the hotel to confirm first
If you chose deposit it’s the hotel that charge you, not Expedia. I’ve had this done the same day before but also a week later on one booking.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
If you chose deposit it’s the hotel that charge you, not Expedia. I’ve had this done the same day before but also a week later on one booking.
Ah I wondered if that was the case
Old 30 Apr 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Yes u get the cash back either way. You won’t get your Expedia points though with deposit.

I booked with ebookers Saturday (same company as Expedia) and noticed that you can only use their price match guarantee if you pay in full so I did. I then price matched to netflights who were cheaper and they refunded the difference yesterday.

Not sure if Expedia still do price match, think I read that they’d removed it, but worth looking to see if they do and if you need to pay in full to use it.

I got 10% top cash back from ebookers and also their own cash back to use on my next booking which will be for the same trip so a good deal imo.
Thanks for the reply. Looked into ebookers and price guarantee is useful, but only 9% cashback compared to 12% on Expedia.

Expedia do seem to have a price guarantee but a few more restrictions on it.

Can't decide whether to do the full payment now or pay deposit. If I pay it up front then should get the cashback paid before we go in August so it would be good to get the funds back and can put towards a few more dollars.
Old 2 May 18, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Am I right that the cashback rate for ebookers is 14% for attractions. If this is the case, it would be the cheapest for Universal tickets.

quidco/ebookers/?st=...3f8985&sv=4-MS

Edited at 07:51 AM.
sue97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I booked but...

Originally Posted by sue97 View Post
Am I right that the cashback rate for ebookers is 14% for attractions. If this is the case, it would be the cheapest for Universal tickets.

quidco/ebookers/?st=...3f8985&sv=4-MS
The offer is only tracking at 12% and not 14%. I will have to wait until after 6th to query although the site says it should update before then
sue97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List