Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 May 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile Tell me about Chef de France

We have booked all our ADRs for our October trip, after months of research, and got all we wanted. However, we are considering changing our Teppen Edo booking for Chef de France.

I know Teppen Edo has much love on the Dibb and we do like the look of the food. However, after watching a few vlogs, we are not sure we would be keen on the communal seating and show cooking. The meal is booked for my birthday treat so we want a good 1 credit ts meal for this. I have read the menu at Chef de France and it appeals to us, but can anyone 'sell it' to us as a great place to eat for a birthday, or is there anything I should know about it, good or bad?

TIA 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Chef de France was probably my overall favourite restaurant of last year. It is gorgeous, and wonderfully themed, I really did think I could have been in France.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Chef de France was probably my overall favourite restaurant of last year. It is gorgeous, and wonderfully themed, I really did think I could have been in France.
Ooh, thanks Collybird, this is what I was hoping for. Something a bit special without having to use 2 ts credits.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Agree, lovely restaurant, great food and good 'value' for a TS credit, wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. However, also love Teppen Edo

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Ooh, thanks Collybird, this is what I was hoping for. Something a bit special without having to use 2 ts credits.
I have just read your trip report with Chef de France. It does look good, the chocolate gateau will tempt my daughter 😀
Old 11 May 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pad406 View Post
Agree, lovely restaurant, great food and good 'value' for a TS credit, wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. However, also love Teppen Edo
Thank you. We are just put off by the seating etc for Teppen Edo but I think, for a birthday meal, we would prefer to be not seated with other people. Although that makes us sound anti-social now 😁😁

We don't want to cancel Teppen Edo unless we are sure we really prefer Chefs (or another restaurant).
Old 11 May 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Both great restaurants - Chef de France is DW's favourite from 2 trips. Teppon Edo is a different experience though as its all about the theatre but nice fresh cooked food.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola-disney15
Excited about Disney

We are staying at POFQ on the DDP the first week in June, we have all our ADR's booked and also feeling tempted by Chefs de France

The 3 course menu seems really good value for 1 TS credit.

Thinking of switching Ohana which we currently have booked for dinner. Whilst it gets really good reviews, I'm not sure its for us. I know I would enjoy the food there but not sure about DH and both DS7 and DS11 are fussy so will just end up with a kids burger or whatever kids options they have there.

I know they would all enjoy the menu at Chefs de France and would also give us another evening at Epcot

The main thing holding me back changing it is I think Ohana is probably the more family friendly option and overall would be a more fun experience for the boys.

Need to make my mind up

Edited at 12:55 PM.
nicola-disney15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nicola-disney15 View Post
We are staying at POFQ on the DDP the first week in June, we have all our ADR's booked and also feeling tempted by Chefs de France

The 3 course menu seems really good value for 1 TS credit.

Thinking of switching Ohana which we currently have booked for dinner. Whilst it gets really good reviews, I'm not sure its for us. I know I would enjoy the food there but not sure about DH and both DS7 and DS11 are fussy so will just end up with a kids burger or whatever kids options they have there.

I know they would all enjoy the menu at Chefs de France and would also give us another evening at Epcot

The main thing holding me back changing it is I think Ohana is probably the more family friendly option and overall would be a more fun experience for the boys.

Need to make my mind up
Haha, you sound like us! We had decided and all booked but are now wavering with this booking. I think Chefs de France is less talked about than some so goes under the radar slightly so when we first looked at restaurants tended to sweep past it.

As you feel about Ohana, we just feel Teppen Edo isn't exactly our type of meal, I know it is a popular choice and the food would taste good, but different things appeal (or not) to everyone. We haven't booked Ohana's either as we didn't really fancy the menu. But we are 2 adults, just me and DD who turns 18 on this trip, and I feel Ohana's may appeal more with children.
Old 11 May 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Also, I can't find any alcohol on the menu at Chefs de France? Please tell me I can get a glass of wine or a cocktail with my meal to celebrate my birthday? 😀