Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 29 May 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Paul,
When we went last time it was opening night and TB were playing Florida Panthers, so it was pretty much sold out. To get decent seats, and by decent I mean lower bowl, around the blue line, we had to get in early, like as soon as they went on sale in July. IIRC we paid about $90-100 for those seats, probably a fair bit more now though, it was 4 years ago I went last. I've no doubt you could get a seat up in the nosebleeds much nearer the time of the game but you don't go to NHL games very often so why risk it.
It's an hour's drive from Orlando, we were going to a mid-week game that started around 7:30 so we spent the day in Busch Gardens, then drove the extra 10 minutes to get to the rink after that. Plenty of places to park on the way down to the venue, which get more expensive the closer you get, or you could use the official car parks.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PEAB
Proud to wear my Ears

That's very helpful. Thanks Grant. I guess if we get it comfortably in advance it won't come out of our spending money too. Plus you're right - I don't want to be in the nosebleeds. Happy to pay around $100 - maybe a little bit more as I doubt I'll be back in the US for some time.
PEAB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If your a true hockey fan you will know there is only one team worthy of support - the maple leafs.
Was always a Red Wings fan myself... Steve Yzerman, Sergei Fedorov, Bob Probert as Enforcer.

Would love to catch a game, but can't visit in season
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JSB32
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

JSB32's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We were at the Bolts v Habs this season and have been to one or two games each season over the past 5-6 years. it is an excellent night out, previous posters have covered the main tips. I would advise getting there early and soaking up the atmosphere outside the arena in Thunder Alley. Usually lots going on, a band playing and face painting etc.
If you are real hockey nuts consider taking an ECHL game, either Orlando Solar Bears or the Florida Everblades. Lower level of hockey but still cracking entertainment.
We will be looking for the fixtures coming out and going to a Bolts game again this season, bitterly disappointed to lost to the Caps in game 7 of the EC final but with no goals in games 6 and 7 we did not deserve it.
2012 - Chatham Park,
2013 - BLT, RPR, & Indian Creek Villa,
2014 - Indian Creek, RPR & Pierhouse 60,
2015 - Indian Creek, RPR, & Sandpearl
2016 - RPR, Villa & Sandpearl,
2017 - RPR, BC, Villa & Sandpearl,
2018 - HRH, Cypress Pointe Villa & Sandpearl
2019 - Portofino, Sandpearl, Cypress Pointe Villa
JSB32 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
eastendpar
Excited about Disney

eastendpar's Reviews
Steve Yzerman is now The General Manager at Lightning. He is God.
2017/18 season started on 4th October last year. Fixtures for 18/19 are released next week. However pre season starts in September with a game against Florida Panthers scheduled on 27th September at the Amway Centre in Orlando. Other matches are schedules for the 18th/22nd and 25th September in Tampa.

Love the Bolts and had an impromptu trip in March to catch 3 home matches over 6 days. You will love it.
eastendpar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
eastendpar
Excited about Disney

eastendpar's Reviews
Originally Posted by PEAB View Post
Hi all.

Given the time we're there it seems we'd likely catch preseason or the start of the season? I gather the schedule is normally released in June?

Thanks for any help as always.

Further to my earlier post with pre season schedule the regular season fixtures were released on Thursday. Here are October’s Fixtures.
nhl/lightning/schedule/2018-10-01/ET
eastendpar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
PEAB
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.

It seems that opening game against the Panthers is our only shot at a competitive fixture as we’re back soon after. It falls perfectly for us but I imagine being game 1 and a local derby so to speak might be tricky to get tickets for? Any ideas when they go on sale? Would love to make this happen otherwise we’ll have to aim for preseason instead but I assume the intensity isn’t anything like the same?
PEAB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

Will keep an eye on this. One game I have my eye on for November is only reselling pass holder tickets and more than I want to pay so I’ll wait until general release date
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We normally go direct to the box office and buy what the students call 'nose bleeder' seats as they are the very high up seats but you do get a good view and these are often from $20.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
That is the fixture I went to a couple of years ago. I found their twitter very useful for keeping up to date with ticket release dates, we bought ours on Ticketmaster on the day they were released, some time in July IIRC.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List