Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jun 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I am "All mouth and no trousers" as my mum would say. Down loaded the app, thought about it and then not doing ! Need to step up 🏃
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I am "All mouth and no trousers" as my mum would say. Down loaded the app, thought about it and then not doing ! Need to step up 🏃
You’re not alone, I did exactly the same. It took me about 2 weeks to pluck up the courage and start week 1.

You can do it👍
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Ok. This is following on from another post, but can I please advise everyone that, once you get further into C25k, think about getting your gait checked and get proper trainers?
Last year on week six I hurt my calf muscle. It took 4 weeks to settle. I had my gait checked and bough trainers.
I had a sciatica flare up at Christmas and stopped running until February, then started C25k again.
Didn't think about how many miles I had done in them - damaged my right calf this time!
I am back - DH took me out yesterday in my new orange trainers and I was back at week three. I am still doing it but having to take it easy.
Google running shop gait check and your town.
A poster suggested you get your gait tested but then get them from
Sportshoes.com
It's not worth the agro - believe me :/

Edited at 06:47 AM.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I did my Week 4 Day 3 today ... and failed
I'd done the previous 2 days on my treadmill no problem, but this was outdoors. And I'd underestimated the slope. Downhill was fine, but I had the last 5 minutes uphill. I managed 2.5, then another minute when he said one minute left.
It took me 20:22 to do the first 1.5 miles and I finished at 44:04.
justacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

But you did it! You could have stayed at home. Before moving on, try it again a couple times and pick your route carefully! 🤣
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have another 2 routes. One is flat both ways, the other is slightly uphill there and so gently downhill back. They are all around 5 k so it will be interesting how far I get before Michael says well done you’ve finished. 😆
justacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Well done everyone! You are all doing great!

Don't feel bad if you struggle with a step, repeat the previous run and try again the next week. There is no such thing as failure! You are out and doing it! Pat yourself on the back and keep up the momentum. It won't be long until you are running 5k! The feeling of achievement is awesome!

Do get your gait analysed too - as suggested by Tubbsy - particularly if you are getting pain during a run.

Keep going! Sign up with park run and download your barcodes! Look for a local 5k and set that as your goal!

You can do this!
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I've got week 1 run 2 tomorrow... hope I can manage to smash the full 9 weeks! I did c25k 2 year ago and loved it but its so easy to get out of the habit and end up back at square one. Really enjoyed my first run yesterday though. X
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done justacey, you could’ve given up but you didn’t!👍

I completed week 5 on Tuesday. I still cannot believe I ran for a full 20 minutes!

Week 6 run 1 last night, and I found that harder than the 20 minute run. I just took it slow and steady, and managed to complete it.

Well done everyone👍
Old 22 Jun 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks 👍. I’m psyching myself up for W5D1 on the way home from work in 10 minutes. This path is slightly uphill there and downhill back so should be ok. Don’t know the combination yet.