Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

A Levels

I'm not sure whether to create an A Levels support group or just post a Good Luck thread as they are all but adults now!

Anyway, DS has his first exam tomorrow (Maths S3) and I'm starting to feel nervous for him!

Hopefully things are calm in your households

Good luck to all A Level students and their families over the next 6 weeks
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

My daughter is sitting her A levels too. All of hers are after half term as she already took two units of the one subject last year.
She already has her place at Uni, so that’s taken some of the pressure off.
Good luck to them all!

Edited at 07:02 PM.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JAMM
Proud to wear my Ears

It’s like walking on egg shells in our house
DS1 is currently doing his A levels now, first exam is in 2 weeks time... most of his friends have had unconditional offers but he hasn’t and is feeling the stress of it all he has had several nose bleeds which he has when he’s stressed. They started when he did his gcse’s, unfortunately he’s also decided that he can spend hours on the PS4 and still have quite an active social life just like his mates with the unconditional offers.
I’m trying my best to be supportive but roll on June 18th, his last exam...
JAMM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

DD is doing her AS levels this year.

All hers are early, the last one is Friday and she can’t wait!

Good luck to everyone - it seems like five minutes since I was posting on the GCSE thread. I don’t know where the last year has gone!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A levels for one, and GCSE's for the other. Our house is not much fun either! Eldest has already done Art A level, and has firmed an unconditional offer, so not as stressful as it could be yet.

Good luck to all xxx
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

My dd has already had her Textiles A level, which is the subject she wants to go into. It's been unbelievably stressful! The hours of work that went into it 🤪! Her other subjects are after half term. She's having a gap year so not off too uni for another year!

Good luck to all those taking them and those parents in the background 🤣!
Old 22 May 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

My dd has done 2 chem practical and theory practical and has the remaining 9 after half term.

It's her A2s now so the end is in sight... She's got Maths, Chemistry, Geography and Sociology with 2 clashes so for 2 days she'll be in a room on her own ...

I'm more stressed about what she'll do after... she's got uni places. She had 4 offers 2 unconditional with a bursary and 2 conditional ... But she's not really interested ... She'd rather get a job but hasn't been lucky on that front...

Good luck to everyone out there ... A stressful time for young people ... Just do your best ... You're more than a set of exam results

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

My ds’s a levels start on his 18th birthday, hows that for luck 😭
Good luck to all 🍀
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
big nelly
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

big nelly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Mobile

Both of my daughters are sitting their A levels this year. Art practical exam was last week, ITC coursework nearly finished and Product Design exams 8th June . I will be glad when it's over for them both plus I will have my dining room back ( covered in art supplies / product books currently ) .
Luckily they have both secured University places but I am still nervous for them .
Good luck to anyone sitting exams this summer and to the nervous family members supporting them.

DLP 2005,2006 & 2018, 2009 Tuscan Hills, 2013 Vizcay, HRH & RPR, 2014 Southern Dunes, RPR & ASSports, 2016 Southern Dunes villa, AOA and PFB, 2017 OKW and RPR Club, 2019 SSR, 2019 Aventura, 2022 Dockside, 2023 POFQ
big nelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

Mobile

My middle DD starts her A Levels after half term.

She has her head in books about 18 hours a day 😥, 7 days a week.

She already has a place at her dream University in America but it’s not stopping her wanting the best A level grades she can get (she’s very determined & achieved 12A*s in her GCSE) but sometimes I think she pushes herself too much 😥

Oldest DD also has her final exams for her Law Degree in July so we have a very stressed house to say the least🙈🙈

I do think there’s an awful lot of pressure on kids these days & we’ve always told our DDS how proud of them we are no matter what there grades are as long as they’ve tried there best then that’s all we ever ask of them 💕💕💕

Good luck to everyone at this stressful time ☘️
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List