Notices

Old 28 May 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And then there were three - again! June 2018

Hello everyone

I’m a bit late getting this pre trip report started as we’re down to 6 days!

A quick recap of the cast:
Me, Ann, 40 something, work full time in Finance in Sunny Suffolk (10th visit)
Phoebe (Phoe), just turned 20 (11th visit)
Jasmine (Jas), just turned 17 (9th visit)

We got back from our 2 week, end of GCSE July trip last year knowing that we would return again in May 2019 when the girls will be 18 and 21. Fast forward to January 2018 and we were discussing a holiday for this summer - I really wanted to go to Greece but the girls weren’t keen. We were a bit limited with dates as Phoe has to request her leave for the whole of the following year in August - she had a ten day window at the beginning of June.

Phoe was looking up some prices st work and kept telling me that for the same price as Greece we could get 9 nights at Disney’s All Star Sports Resort with Virgin economy flights. In the end I said ‘if we’re doing Disney then we’re doing it cheap!’ It was now mid January and the full balance would be due just a couple of days after we returned from New York.

So we booked - 9 nights from 3rd June. We didn’t do park tickets at this point, we thought we’d wait until just before our Fastpass window to spread the cost. We’ll this went out of the window when we heard that the ticket price increase was imminent and quickly added them in the day before they went up.

As soon as we booked we hopped on to the Virgin Atlantic website and booked our seats in the bubble - exit row on the way out and regular on the way back - it’s already starting to cost a lot more than Greece!

Everything then took a back seat as I didn’t want this trip to detract from our NYC trip. We had a lovely time in NYC and the Norwegian Air debacle on the way home meant that we had some compensation which we used to upgrade our Florida return seats to premium economy - whoop whoop!

We decided not to book any ADRs - last year we found that the heat and humidity meant that our eating patterns were totally off - we were just going to do quick service (it’s not all junk food!) and order some snarky bits from Garden Grocer. We also decided that this trip was going to be a bit more relaxed as this is our third year in a row and we know we have the big birthday trip coming up next year (if Phoebe can get her leave approved at work!)

I’m a bit concerned about staying at a value - the beds are smaller and I know there were a few bed arguments last year! I’ve read some good reviews though so fingers crossed.

We have since booked 2 ADRs - a buffet breakfast at The Wave at the Contemporary Resort and lunch at Via Napoli in Epcot so we can try the half meter pizza.

Fast passes are all booked - we managed to get 2 for Flight of Passage and the other day they opened them back up for Toy Story Mania so swapped one we had for Rock n Roller Coaster.

Hope we get to recreate this photo again!
We have a taxi booked to take us to Premier inn at Gatwick on Saturday.

That’s about it for now I think - just got to get the packing finished, change a bit more currency and get through a new finance system going live at work on Friday.

Please excuse any typos as this is all being done on my phone and I hope to do the trip report live again as I’m a notoriously bad sleeper!

See you all soon!

Edited at 05:34 AM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds fab, hope you have a great time

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Sounds fab, hope you have a great time
Thank you
Old 29 May 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking forward to this, enjoyed your trip report last year. Hope you have a fantastic time.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
oh wow, a surprise trip! I loved reading your previous report. I hope you have an amazing time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
oh wow, a surprise trip! I loved reading your previous report. I hope you have an amazing time.
Thank you! Hopefully it won’t be the same as the last report!
Old 29 May 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Looking forward to this, enjoyed your trip report last year. Hope you have a fantastic time.
Thank you
Old 31 May 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

I remember that photo from your last report...thanks for sharing again, cracked me up! I've got a similar one of DS on a log flume at Legoland, poor kids!

Your trip sounds great, looking forward to reading along. Have a fab time.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Woo-hoo! Just spotted this

Will be following along. I too loved last years report and some very ‘interesting’ days! So looking forward to your updates this year

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Woo-hoo! Just spotted this

Will be following along. I too loved last years report and some very ‘interesting’ days! So looking forward to your updates this year
Lol! Not too many dramas yet!