Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 4 Jun 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
well, I'm like you

And it doesn't matter if it's less or more likely to happen in FL or down the street where I live.
It doesn't matter if my CC company will get it sorted in the end

What does matter is that I don't want to have to deal with that during my vacations.
Exactly. I've never had a card cloned in visiting Florida in over 28 years either but other Dibbers have and if people sense it's a risk of it happening 1 in 10 times or 1 in a million then they might choose to pay cash to mitigate the risk.

Mick
Old 4 Jun 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
well, I'm like you

And it doesn't matter if it's less or more likely to happen in FL or down the street where I live.
It doesn't matter if my CC company will get it sorted in the end

What does matter is that I don't want to have to deal with that during my vacations.
Call me kerazy if you like, but I'll keep on living dangerously (by using my credit card to pay for everything home and abroad).

I'm mental, me!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Call me kerazy if you like, but I'll keep on living dangerously (by using my credit card to pay for everything home and abroad).
your choice, and I totally appreciate and respect it.

now, not using the CC in places where the government has issued warnings about rampant card skimming at petrol stations ...

well, again, your choice.

A DIBBer could very well say that they have not buckled up for 28 years and never got caught or fined, and even if they were, they have a relative in the police that can make it vanish ... fair enough. Their choice, their risks.

it's just only fair to inform on the risks.
Wether people choose to take those risks, or stay on a safe side ... that's only their own business.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
your choice, and I totally appreciate and respect it.

now, not using the CC in places where the government has issued warnings about rampant card skimming at petrol stations ...

well, again, your choice.

A DIBBer could very well say that they have not buckled up for 28 years and never got caught or fined, and even if they were, they have a relative in the police that can make it vanish ... fair enough. Their choice, their risks.

it's just only fair to inform on the risks.
Wether people choose to take those risks, or stay on a safe side ... that's only their own business.
The only credit card fraud I have experienced in my life is within the UK. Should I stop using credit cards in the UK?

Planes drop out of the sky killing everyone inside them from time to time. Should we stop flying to go on holiday?

People in America have lots of guns and shoot each other quite a lot. Should we go on holiday somewhere else?

As I say: It never ceases to amaze me the things that folk on here worry and concern themselves about that wouldn't ever make it onto my own personal risk radar.

Each to their own, as you say.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The only credit card fraud I have experienced in my life is within the UK. Should I stop using credit cards in the UK?

Planes drop out of the sky killing everyone inside them from time to time. Should we stop flying to go on holiday?

People in America have lots of guns and shoot each other quite a lot. Should we go on holiday somewhere else?

As I say: It never ceases to amaze me the things that folk on here worry and concern themselves about that wouldn't ever make it onto my own personal risk radar.

Because there might be a reasonable assumption from the OP's countdown "Finally got here" that it might be their first trip and were genuinely asking for advice. In 14 years on here I genuinely thought that this was one of the purposes of the DIBB. They may have even seen people saying that there's no such thing as a "silly question" on here.

But in your view there obviously is. Maybe when the OP has been visiting for 25 years they may then take a view of their own.

Mick
Old 4 Jun 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Having read all your contributions to this thread, clearly not something you abide by. You're determined to mock others for not being "just like you".

Stop being a troll.
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I don’t personally worry about someone cloning a credit card. If it ever does happen, all it takes is a call to the credit card company who goes through the transactions, immediately credits it all back then sends you a form to sign. No biggie. You don’t have personal responsibility for theft on a credit card.
It happened to me half a dozen times in 30 years. Only one was possibly US related. Number in the U.K. and some in Europe.

Edited at 05:43 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

We used the Walmart on Old Lake Wilson Road several times, and weren't asked for a zip code to pay at pump. Chris says he's been asked before, and 00000 worked.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dunk
Very Serious Dibber

This is our 12 visit but the first time we had to put in a code at the machine so my wife went in the garage to pay upfront with the card and she still had to put in the code . The one for the villa didn't work so the woman behind the desk told her to use the local one which didn't work either. My wife was worried that it might block the card if she tried again this the question.
I can't remember the filling station name but it has a big K at the end.

Dunk
Old 5 Jun 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've filled up at gas stations paying by card every time over the last 25 or so years and it's not caused me a single second of stress before, during or after.

I really don't know why buying petrol could cause anyone stress, but I'm constantly amazed at the micro-worries some folk on here seem to have.
Lucky you. We tried to buy fuel in Rotonda last year as Irma approached and the gas stations were not accepting cash and all the various combinations of codes we tried with our cards didn't work. That was fairly stressful. . We all worry about different things and those worries are valid. Your smug know it all attitude is unhelpful and unreasonable.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List