Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

We've used Revolut since it first started, never had an issue using it until last week when we were in Turkey and i tried to withdraw at an ATM - the card in my wifes name worked fine, mine rejected everytime i tried to use it.

There's a noteable difference in their customer service now, it used to be the case that you could get someone same day occasionally there and then but when we contacted them about my card issue and additional costs as a result of having to transfer they took 2 days to reply which is not ideal if you've not got the luxury of another card to transfer to.

We've now got a monzo card as a fallback incase of issues when we head to Orlando in September.
Old 19 Jun 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
budgie6741
Imagineer

i have used mine for the last 3 years with no problems
California 2003/2008/2013
Chatham Park 2004/2005
Creekside 2006/2007/2008/2010/2011/2012/2013
Las Vegas 2009/2010/2013
Seasons 2009
Hawaii 2003/2013
budgie6741 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

I have used mine for 3 holidays and only had one issue in which a payment came off twice, it sorted itself out and the money was refunded within a week
Old 20 Jun 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We used a revolt card for the first time when we went to the west coast in April. I loved it so easy to use with the app. Also handy to do a quick top up when we were running low. I liked that you could easily see your spending and what you had left. Everywhere accepted the card as like a normal debit card. Will definitely be using again!
ribena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

I love the card too, when mixed with my Apple Watch for payment notifications, it saved me when my card was cloned in Australia earlier I was able to turn off the card before any further transactions went through!
For people who comment on the cash limit, if you have more than one of you rather than having 2 cards on the same account why not have 2 accounts?
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Look at the starling card

It’s a fully regulated bank account , you get the higher mastercard rate on foreign transactions , no fees at all , 24-7 support and your funds are protected.

We had a issue in March where a ATM didn’t give us the $300 but debited the account ,
Contacted Starling straight away they logged it down . This was about 4am Friday morning uk time , by Monday am the money was back in our account .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
Hi, can you use the Revolut cards for Uber ?
My DD is in Orlando at the moment and tried to use her Revolut card for an Uber, but had problems. They accepted the booking, but soon after cancelled it with no explanation and charged her $6 for the convenience!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Can anyone tell me if you need to have wifi/data to freeze/unfreeze the card? I hope to use one next month in Florida but when we are outwith Disney I wouldn't have any wifi. Sorry if it's a stupid question!
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by legolass View Post
Can anyone tell me if you need to have wifi/data to freeze/unfreeze the card? I hope to use one next month in Florida but when we are outwith Disney I wouldn't have any wifi. Sorry if it's a stupid question!
Sorry I can't answer that question but most restaurants have free wifi so you're probably never too far from somewhere with free wifi
Old 21 Jun 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes you need WiFi/data to freeze/unfreeze the card

Easy enough to find WiFi in most of Florida (pretty much every restaurant has it)

I’ve used it for Uber and Lyft without issues. Also have it linked to my Disney account for charging etc. Only had one issue with downtime last year (was able to charge to room so no biggie)

It has been much, much more stable this year. Can’t remember it being down at all