Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jun 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, we have stayed at the Clarion 4 times now and mainly for the excellent shuttles and the Lynx 50. We are out most of the time and the rooms are the same standard as almost every other hotel. Will probably stay there again next time as I can't find anything better.
Picalily is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
(Apologies for hijacking and side-tracking your thread, Sucee! )
No problem

One thing I would add about Uber is to consider getting a data package with your phone. Most of the time you can book with free wifi but the signal can drop out when you reach the pick up point.
Old 19 Jun 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Cant give any advice about Hawthorn but we love Clarion - it's cheap and cheerful and means we can spend our money elsewhere (like a 4nt Disney Cruise or two nights club level in HRH...I'm forever tinkering with our holidays!)

Continental breakfast is now free at Clarion for most bookings, the cooked breakfast is chargeable - but I wouldn't bother, it's not that nice. We get cereal and donuts in from Walmart for the mornings, or nip over to IHop if we're really hungry.

Re: ants. If you leave uncovered food out, you will get a few but it's nothing to be concerned with and they disappear as soon as the food does! The rooms are cleaned every day. Just make sure to use the fridge to store leftovers etc.

The rooms are lovely, beds are so comfortable and its exactly the same layout as the Disney value hotels - in fact, we thought the Clarion was much nicer than All Star Movies when we stayed there last year. We always request a car park view on a higher floor as it's quieter.

I cant comment on the shuttles but the Lynx bus stop is right outside the hotel and you can take that anywhere...

With Uber, just download the app to your phone and go through a dummy booking (don't click Confirm) from the hotel to your destination. You might want to check the prices at various times throughout the day so you get a better picture. Right now, an UberX from Clarion LBV to Universal Citywalk is $11.90.
The good thing with Ubers in the States is that the price it shows you is the price you pay...it's not an estimate, regardless of traffic. You can also get a couple of free rides if you're new to Uber, or can download it to someone else's phone in your party. I wouldn't use the website to track prices though, only the app.

xx
Thanks Onion. Really good to hear about the free breakfast. I thought I had read that somewhere but not mentioned on package websites.

Also good to hear about comfy beds as I am a pretty bad sleeper.

Thanks again
Old 19 Jun 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Captain Ethan View Post
I’ve stayed at Hawthorn suites 3 times and love it! Some of the rooms and corridors are in need of a little TLC but most rooms have now been renovated to a high standard and I always request one prior to leaving the UK. Never a problem. The pool area has also had a makeover. The breakfast is free and plentiful certainly enough choice for any picky eater. We appreciate the free wine and beer Monday to Thursday with snacks / hotdogs or burgers after a hot day at the parks. The free transportation to the parks and shopping outlet worked well for us too. Staff here are amazing and will do anything to help. Personally I love the space that the room gives you I wouldn’t like to spend 2-3 weeks in one room, as a family it would be chaotic. Just my opinion though as I know many who like the Clarion 😃
Thanks Ethan. The bigger rooms are what attracts me. Thanks for the tip about the renovated rooms. Currently still hunting for a decent price & then I'll have to make a decision!
Old 19 Jun 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
Hi, we have stayed at the Clarion 4 times now and mainly for the excellent shuttles and the Lynx 50. We are out most of the time and the rooms are the same standard as almost every other hotel. Will probably stay there again next time as I can't find anything better.
Thanks Picalily. Glad you find the shuttles so good. I see they do several a day. In the last place we stayed they only did one a day so we ended up getting an Uber which was fine but bumps up the spending.
Old 25 Jul 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We stayed in the Clarion in 2013 and loved it,its so close to premium outlets, we have also just booked a sneaky last minute there again for October,its amazing for the price!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by suecee View Post
We are currently trying to choose between the 2 & looking for some input.

Has anyone stayed in both? How do they compare?

They both have shuttles to the parks.

Lots of people recommend the Clarion but I see Hawthorn has a lot of good reviews on TA etc. Also Hawthorn's room appears bigger & it comes with breakfast.

I am also keen to know which one has closer/better choice of restaurants etc.

Tia
Hi we stayed at clarion LBV. It is only a pleasant 15 minute walk to disney springs and you can use the regular shuttle buses there to get to and from disney parks. We didn't use uber or taxi at all for any disney parks during our 2 week stay because we did this.

Food at clarion was vile but as others have said lots of eateries nearby inc seadog, hooters, Chinese take away, Maccies and pizza hut.

Clarion is basic but for price good enough.

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rozzyb2011 View Post
Hi we stayed at clarion LBV. It is only a pleasant 15 minute walk to disney springs and you can use the regular shuttle buses there to get to and from disney parks. We didn't use uber or taxi at all for any disney parks during our 2 week stay because we did this.

Food at clarion was vile but as others have said lots of eateries nearby inc seadog, hooters, Chinese take away, Maccies and pizza hut.

Clarion is basic but for price good enough.
Thanks Rozzy. Have booked the Clarion now - thanks for the warning about the food 😀
Old 25 Jul 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by suecee View Post
Thanks Rozzy. Have booked the Clarion now - thanks for the warning about the food 😀
No probs. Also there is a boss wing place about 10 minutes walk away, Tuesdays you got like 40 wings for $20 and there is a big supermarket. Don't use the hotel taxi just grab a mears or an uber to go anywhere. We used a mears for a return trip to the walmart and it was only about $12. Defo ask for a room facing the car park and use the pool that isn't by the kids splash zone as is really quiet. You can give your name at the desk for a place on the free shuttle which goes to the outlets malls and the expensive malls. We tended to get the free shuttle to universal then an uber or a mears home. We really enjoyed the stroll to disney springs, no stress and lots of places to duck under if you get a crazy rain shower.

We found the room to be clean and the beds v comfortable. The air con in our room worked overly well so take a light sweater.

The staff we're very nice. We we're on the 4th floor facing the car park and it was very peaceful at all times.

Really hope you have a wonderful stay.

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all your advice Rozzy. I will note it all on my spreadsheet!

Do you know if there is a Dunkin Donuts (or similar) in walking distance for a simple breakfast?