Old 18 Jun 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Smife View Post
Hi, I have stayed at the Wyndham twice before going for a third this year, the buses run every half hour, they go to two parks for the same bus. So bus one goes magic kingdom and then Epcot (I think) and bus two goes HS and AK. (I think that’s the park system anyway). Hope this helps
Thanks, yes, that does help IF you are on your third trip then you must like it Hope you have a lovely time. K.x

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I know that you said offsite to potentially save money, but if you're looking for next year, then I find it hard to save money at Disney Springs hotels vs onsite with free dining when you take food costs in to account. If beds are an issue (one I understand myself), then have a look at a preferred room at POR. All of the preferred rooms have 2 double and a pull down murphy bed, so ideal if you want separate beds for your children
Hi Vickie, yes, funnily enough it is the debate we've been having We don't drive when we go there (out of choice) so would be eating on-site a lot during our stay so food costs may be high but I though that the cost of the 1 bed villa would still be more than a Disney Springs hotel...
The POR is a good thought though - I will look into that, do you have to book a preferred room though or are standard rooms still 2 doubles and a pull down?
K.x

Originally Posted by Smife View Post
I would also like to add that the Wyndham garden has resort fees. I have to pay another $275 for my 13 nights in September. Another cost you can factor in.
Yes, thank you that is true. resort fees are something that you don't have to factor in when on-site... K.x
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by knads2012 View Post
Hi Vickie, yes, funnily enough it is the debate we've been having We don't drive when we go there (out of choice) so would be eating on-site a lot during our stay so food costs may be high but I though that the cost of the 1 bed villa would still be more than a Disney Springs hotel...
The POR is a good thought though - I will look into that, do you have to book a preferred room though or are standard rooms still 2 doubles and a pull down?
There are standard rooms with the murphy bed, but the only way to guarantee one is to book a preferred room at POR as they all have them. It will be considerably cheaper than a 1 bed villa at OKW, and if you're looking at hotel rooms off-site, then a hotel room on-site isnt really any different, and from what I can see, the Wyndham is just standard rooms with 2 double beds anyway. Plus you'd get free dining, gift card, 60 day fastpass booking, easy access to parks, MDE etc. We don't drive over there either, so on-site really suits us

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

I have stayed at The B Resort and Spa a couple of times and loved it. Its a 10 minute walk to Disney Springs and has the same type shuttles as the Wyndham. It has 2 double beds in the room but I think they do family rooms that have a kingsize and bunk beds. I would defo stay again. Very comfortable. It does have resort fees though so be careful!
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
There are standard rooms with the murphy bed, but the only way to guarantee one is to book a preferred room at POR as they all have them. It will be considerably cheaper than a 1 bed villa at OKW, and if you're looking at hotel rooms off-site, then a hotel room on-site isnt really any different, and from what I can see, the Wyndham is just standard rooms with 2 double beds anyway. Plus you'd get free dining, gift card, 60 day fastpass booking, easy access to parks, MDE etc. We don't drive over there either, so on-site really suits us
Thanks so much that does help - and I was talking to DH over the weekend about it and he does say that even if the cost comes in cheaper it would pain him to pay out of pocket for food while we are there - especially if the kids order something and then "lose their appetite" So, free dining does make a difference to him...
K.x

Originally Posted by clairenutter View Post
I have stayed at The B Resort and Spa a couple of times and loved it. Its a 10 minute walk to Disney Springs and has the same type shuttles as the Wyndham. It has 2 double beds in the room but I think they do family rooms that have a kingsize and bunk beds. I would defo stay again. Very comfortable. It does have resort fees though so be careful!
Thanks for posting, I've not heard about the B Resort before so I'll take a look, as the bunk beds would be much better than 2 doubles for us.
K.x
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Serious Dibber

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We stayed at the Doubletree Hilton a few years ago - 2 bedrooms and a lounge. Kitchen could be a bit better equipped - only a microwave but otherwise nice hotel and good bus links also Disney springs and crossroads area perfectly walkable.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Originally Posted by dibdobber View Post
We stayed at the Doubletree Hilton a few years ago - 2 bedrooms and a lounge. Kitchen could be a bit better equipped - only a microwave but otherwise nice hotel and good bus links also Disney springs and crossroads area perfectly walkable.
Hi - thanks for posting, is that on the junction with the interstate?

When you say there was only a microwave does that mean there is no oven or fridge?

K.x
Old 19 Jun 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

The Holiday Inn is apparently one of the highest rated hotels on Walt Disney World, with on'y the Four Seasons and Grand Floridian standing above it in the rankings. Odd, but true!

In reality the Wyndham, Holiday Inn, B resort and the two Hilton’s are all an easy walk to Disney Springs across a footbridge over the road, so no dodging traffic required. I reckon any one of those would be a good choice.To get comparable prices, because they do differ a lot, search via TripAdvisor, Trivago or Momondo all of whom consolidate results to get the cheapest rates. Don’t forget however if you want a chance of 60-day fastpasses you have to book via Disney itself.
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob View Post
The Holiday Inn is apparently one of the highest rated hotels on Walt Disney World, with on'y the Four Seasons and Grand Floridian standing above it in the rankings. Odd, but true!

In reality the Wyndham, Holiday Inn, B resort and the two Hilton’s are all an easy walk to Disney Springs across a footbridge over the road, so no dodging traffic required. I reckon any one of those would be a good choice.To get comparable prices, because they do differ a lot, search via TripAdvisor, Trivago or Momondo all of whom consolidate results to get the cheapest rates. Don’t forget however if you want a chance of 60-day fastpasses you have to book via Disney itself.
The joint website for all the Disney Springs area good neighbor hotels states the 60 day FastPass but doesn’t say you have to book via Disney x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
The joint website for all the Disney Springs area good neighbor hotels states the 60 day FastPass but doesn’t say you have to book via Disney x
The 60-day fastpass definitely was conditional upon Booking with the Walt Disney Travel Company, but as you rightly identify, it’s not part of the quoted T&Cs on the Disney Springs Hotels website. I’d definitely investigate further if this is important but it does look like it’s now in the same basis as Swan and Dolphin, namely link in MDE and you’re good to go! I hope so, but would definitely want to check.

Of course, it’s worth remembering that for Hilton Honors and IHG Rewards booking via the hotels own website can garner quite a lot of points and free Internet.
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Serious Dibber

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yes that right, close to the I4, which you can hear from the pool but not that bad. On the kitchen front - from memory there was a small fridge but no proper oven/hobs. However it was 4 years ago - you could try emailing them - and i could be wrong. i would gladly go back but would prefer somewhere with better kitchen facilities. Not on site but we like Floridays and also Vista Cay (further away still). Floridays is not far from disney and there are some shuttles but we have not used them and i certainly don't think they wee anywhere near as regular or convenient as the Doubletree
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List