Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
TUI class seated together as across the aisle and in front/behind. If they are available like that then I doubt TUI would refund.

I personally don’t like TUI’s customer service and several of their T&C’s. For those reasons I don’t book with them.
It’s the same on Thomas Cook who I’ve just booked with. Can’t see them seating my 3 year old, on her first flight next to a stranger though. I’d feel sorry for the person who ended up with her
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofys Guest
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post
Yep understood, my gripe is that their system happily accepts me booking allocated seating for the party even though they don't have available seats together.
Maybe they could have shown the seats available before confirmation.
Sorted now anyway i might give them another chance next year
Totally agree you should be able to see availability before committing to payment
Goofys Guest is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Give the flight team a call. Normally 2 rows are blocked off from being booked in advance to accommodate families who can’t get seats together.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Obviously you can only select your seats from those remaining available.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyMoose
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Obviously you can only select your seats from those remaining available.
Yes, obviously, however the payment was taken before they showed me which seats were available.
Anyway sorted now to give them their due TUI are quite helpful on facebook messenger.
MickeyMoose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

Sadly TUI still work on the basis that you can't see what's left on the seating plan before making a decision on whether to book or not, or whether to go for extra leg room seats etc. I prefer the airlines where you can see and make an informed choice before booking.
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by iloveholidays1 View Post
Sadly TUI still work on the basis that you can't see what's left on the seating plan before making a decision on whether to book or not, or whether to go for extra leg room seats etc. I prefer the airlines where you can see and make an informed choice before booking.
Yes, we booked a last minute trip at the weekend and we decided to go for extra legroom seats. They were still available to buy - but as it is only 3 weeks until we go we couldn't tell before we paid for them what ELseats were left!

Luckily for us, we were able to pick seats we wanted, but I can see how it may have been different.

They do need to show you seats before you book them really!

But I suppose from their point of view if it showed you a mostly unbooked plane more people might not pay for seats and take a gamble. I suppose they play on peoples insecurities
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyMoose
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Just as a short update on this for folks in a similar situation. I had a reply from the email i sent to TUI to call their pre flight team.
I did this morning and the helpful chap has allocated me seating together, 1 in front and 3 in row behind.
I have also had an email confirmation.

Good stuff from TUI, pleasantly surprised.
MickeyMoose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Personally, I never had an issue with TUI and they always dealt with any query I had very quickly. It's not the fact that a company creates a problem that you should judge them by, its how they resolve it, in my opinion. Good result- have a great holiday.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Carlmelia
Imagineer

Carlmelia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Reviews: 1
When we booked with TUI we had no option for ELR or PC seating just reserved seating in the main cabin. We booked that but I went in to our booking online a couple of weeks later it showed PC was an option to upgrade to. Concerned as a lot of people here are too about booking something without seeing the seat availability I called TUI.

The TUI call centre were exceptionally helpful, told me seat availability, suggested rows based on our party size, the lady even told me a website to see the seat plan so she could take me through the seats available. I was then offered the option of her booking the PC upgrade for me or she would place the seats on hold for an hour for me whilst I completed the upgrade online.

Their online customer interface is odd and not very customer focussed with having to pay before you can see the seats free but their call center did impress me.

Edited at 09:46 AM.
Carlmelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List