Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jun 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Dumfries area dibbers, I need your help.

DD has a primary teacher job at Holywood Primary Holywood Dumfries. Where would you look to rent for a year?.
We are in Aberdeen & know nothing about D&G.
Any help would be gratefully received.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Doonhamer08
Excited about Disney

Doonhamer08's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The town of Dumfries would be best, Holywood is easily accessible by bus. I live in Dumfries. I’ll pm you.
Doonhamer08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
arl71
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Following this thread as my DD has her probationer year at Langholm Academy so any advice on the best places to look for somewhere to rent would be most appreciated. Not a part of the country I know particularly well
arl71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Langholm itself would probably be the best . It’s quite a pretty town but a wee bit away from anywhere large.
I went to school in Lockerbie, which is a bit bigger, and at that time secondary 5/6 pupils travelled there daily by school bus from Langholm so it’s not that far but the roads are very hilly.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I worked in Langholm as said before best to actually look in Langholm unless she has a car
Rental property is not easy to come by
If. Driving I'd look more to the south as the road down into the town from the north can be a bit hairy in the winter even with the new road
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arl71 View Post
Following this thread as my DD has her probationer year at Langholm Academy so any advice on the best places to look for somewhere to rent would be most appreciated. Not a part of the country I know particularly well
DD is also a probationer, the scramble for accommodation has caused me terrible stress today. Furnished places have proven difficult to find and renting on her own is expensive.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

It’s a small world! I teach at Langholm academy! (Only 2 days a week but feel free to PM me anything you want to know) Does she drive? We have staff who travel a long distance so car share could be an option.

OP I saw your daughters post in the Facebook group. Does she drive? Will she have a car? Dumfries would be her best bet.
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

janeg88 I couldn't for the life of me remember your name
Aren't dibbers great at offering help to the wider dibb family
Helen
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
arl71
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by janeg88 View Post
It’s a small world! I teach at Langholm academy! (Only 2 days a week but feel free to PM me anything you want to know) Does she drive? We have staff who travel a long distance so car share could be an option.

OP I saw your daughters post in the Facebook group. Does she drive? Will she have a car? Dumfries would be her best bet.
Small world indeed. Yes, she drives and has her own car
arl71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Depending on her lifestyle (if she’s outgoing) Carlisle might be an option as there’s more going on there. Probably about 35 mins. Langholm itself is quite insular and it’s a small school. We are a through school with primary attached so there’s more younger staff in primary. It’s a lovely school and I’m sure she’ll really enjoy it. Geographically a bit endvof the earth, but I’m assuming she’s ticked the box, so the cash will help.

I’ll look out for her, but anything specific PM.
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List