Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jun 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie1994
Dancing with Tink'

Hard Rock Hotel or Sapphire Falls

Hi guys!

Just looking at where to stay for Universal Orlando. I’m stuck between hard rock and sapphire. I know the price difference is because of fast passes but does anyone have any opinions regarding rooms/ facilities and why they like it? There will be 3 in one room for 4 nights!

Thanks!
pixie1994 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Hard rock,without a doubt,fastpasses priceless, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What time of year are you visiting? (That could help whether you ‘need’ the Express pass)
Having just come back from Hard Rock I agree with Bondy Lad that the Express passes were wonderful but I loved the Hard Rock even more for its location. I haven’t stayed at Sapphire yet but I would like to go. I have stayed at Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific and room wise I would say they were all similar in size just different decor! Each hotel has a different vibe so I would generally go with the price and what I wanted to do-we we’re going to go back to Cabana Bay but as Volcano Bay wasn’t included in our tickets I didn’t want to be in touching distance. I would have been happy with Royal Pacific again or trying Portofino but for once the Hard Rock was the cheapest so I couldn’t not stay. I’m now torn whether I could stay at the others as we loved it...Sorry not that helpful really!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

We have stopped at HRH and love it, it is a great hotel the rooms are a good size and emack and bolios does good quick service food. If you are only doing 4 nights and cost isn't an issue I would stay there.

We are trying Sapphire Falls this year as we are staying at Universal for 8 nights so hoping we will be ok without the express pass and I know we will miss it but it was nearly £1200 more to stay at HRH for our dates. We had a look round it last year and it looked really nice.
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

As above, I recommend staying at any of the deluxe resorts (RPR, Hard Rock or Portofino) in peak season.

I’ve stayed at Cabana Bay - it’s nice but no cheaper because of the lack of Express passes. Food and drink is just as expensive at Cabana Bay as well
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

HRH is where I've booked for next August. 7nights club level for £1760. I know you said four night stay but just check the cost for 5nights as the room rate might drop so you might get another night for just a little more.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

HRH or RPR for us.
Couldn't be without express passes whatever the time of year. Get everything done with minimal waits and more time to relax in the pool, have a leisurely meal at citywalk etc.

Hubby prefers HRH (but then he's a guitarist)

I love the tranquil vibe of RPR

Have looked at other Universal hotels, and friends have stayed at Cabana and Portofino but we stick to HRH/RPR
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie1994
Dancing with Tink'

Thanks guys! We’re staying at beginning of November (Halloween at Disney!) we usually stay at RPR but out of all the deluxe hotels hard rock is the cheapest.

I was leaning more towards hard rock but just couldnt decide! you all have put my mind at ease now, just can’t wait to get it booked!

Thank you all for your replies!
pixie1994 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you can afford HRH then I'd stay there!

SF is one of the most amazing hotels I've ever stayed in. I loved it so much but we stayed there because the deluxe resorts were out of our price range. Express is a massive bonus!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
Hard rock,without a doubt,fastpasses priceless, bondy.
Just about sums it up nicely

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List