Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jun 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL43
slightly serious Dibber

Can someone help me with audiobooks?

Hope someone can help.

Trying to encourage DS 14 to read more. He says he enjoys books better in audible form as he reads along with them so that he hears the expression.

Am I correct in thinking that if he wishes to listen and read them I will have to buy them in two separate formats? Double the cost?

He has signed up for 30 days of free audible and is listening/reading to books that we already have in the house.

Grateful for any advice.
TINKERBELL43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
allycat228
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think that audible do some of the books cheaper by whispernet ( I think that’s what it’s called)
allycat228 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL43
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by allycat228 View Post
I think that audible do some of the books cheaper by whispernet ( I think that’s what it’s called)
Sorry - what's whispernet?
TINKERBELL43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
allycat228
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think it’s the way they send books to kindle, i love my audiobooks (much more handy than audio cds)and strangely enough it’s inspired me to re-read the physical books
allycat228 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL43
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by allycat228 View Post
I think it’s the way they send books to kindle, i love my audiobooks (much more handy than audio cds)and strangely enough it’s inspired me to re-read the physical books
Still wondering if I still have to pay twice - one for the audio (for him to listen to) and secondly for the book he reads along with (whether it be physical or on the kindle)?
Old 20 Jun 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If you already have a library card you should be able to access your local library’s digital content (ebooks and audiobooks)
You might need to visit your local library to set up a PIN number, or they might be able to do this for you over the phone.
Search for Overdrive or Libby in the App Store, log in with your library card number (and possibly your PIN) and get downloading There are no late fees and you should be able to request audiobooks that are on loan or that the library has yet to purchase.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TINKERBELL43 View Post
Sorry - what's whispernet?
Do you mean Whispersync? Basically, it allows you to purchase the Audible version of (most) books that you have already bought for Kindle. It’s usually around £3-4 more to add an audiobook onto your ebook purchase. It’s called Whispersync because the ebook and audiobook are synced together- you can put the book down and start listening to the audiobook from the same page without any faff.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL43
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you - I will look into that. I think I stupidly thought that if you purchased an audio book off Amazon then you would get one to read sent to your kindle at same time.
Old 20 Jun 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Kindle Unlimited is another option although it costs. A lot of books come with the audiobooks.

Some people slate Kindle Unlimited but I find it great for me!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL43
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
Kindle Unlimited is another option although it costs. A lot of books come with the audiobooks.

Some people slate Kindle Unlimited but I find it great for me!
Why do they slate it?