Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jun 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

I failed twice and was advised to take vitamin B complex a few weeks before to calm my nerves but make me more alert. Not sure if it was a placebo but I did pass 3rd time. Apart from being down and the expense it doesn't matter how long it takes no one really cares once you have passed.
shona is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

A boy at my work passed his on his 9th try, I really felt like someone was trying to tell him something
Old 19 Jun 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It could always be his way of telling you he plans to have a chauffeur in adult life...

Seriously though it's all practice, get him out on the road in your car lots and lots until driving is just something you do like it is for anyone whose been driving for years
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I failed three and passed on my fourth. I was similar to your son, the instructor said I was great with her and didn’t need lessons but I think I got nervous in the test. Anyway on my last text my instructor sat in the back (anyone is able to sit in the back, even you, as long as they don’t distract you) and that was the one I passed. I don’t know if that made me calmer but I’m so glad I did it! So maybe your son could do that? Good luck, I hope he passes next time. I know how frustrating it can be.
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Keep trying. He'll pass eventually
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by stormflm595 View Post
Is he getting enough practice outside of lessons? Perhaps you can take him out every evening in the run up to his next test so he is used to being behind the wheel and that will hopefully ease his nerves?

Also, ask his driving instructor to maybe looking into whether he could have the same examiner from his first test? He seemed to be most at ease then.

Failing your driving test sucks, I was lucky to only fail on the first time but by the time my second test came around I was a bag of nerves! Thank God I passed as I don't think I would have been able to cope doing a third!
Pretty sure you can't pick your examiner.. Well you can't here anyway, you book the test online as everyone has too and its just pot luck who you get on the day.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stevo25 View Post
LOL
As much as it is funny, the language is disgusting...
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 02:50 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Buy him a bus pass ...

Seriously I failed two on nerves, third one my then husband was up all night in pain so I'd had almost no sleep and went to my hour before the test lesson straight from A&E . I just wanted to get it done and get home ... and to my amazement passed. cBT or even hypnotism may help if it's down to nerves.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

I come from a family of questionable drivers I passed my driving test on the 4th attempt, my mum on her 6th and my sister on her 10th!

We were all very very nervous and all passed after being given some tablets by the doctor. I’m not sure what they were, it was so long ago. They could have been a placebo for all I know but it did the trick.

You might not be keen on him having prescribed medication but maybe taking something ‘over the counter’ like Kalms would help
Gabsnoot is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Persistence is the key, tell him to keep going whatever. I lost the will and gave up when I was younger after a few failures. I didn’t end up passing until I was 36 (6th time lucky), after leaving it for years due to nerves. Looking back I wish I’d just kept trying.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List