Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jun 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Is it Layer Marney you are thinking of?
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by NickyMouse View Post
I was trying to think of a village that used to be very lovely near Colchester. I had a friend who lived there and it was lovely.
Layer-De-La-Haye.

We relocated from Colchester years ago, If I could go back and choose again. I wouldn't have left.
One main thing for me, is having no family close by.
Im from a big family and Ive missed most of my nieces & nephews growing up.

Ive just mentioned this thread to my husband. He said ooh what company does her husband work for? perhaps I could work for them and then we could get relocated there
He was trying to work out where the company may be based in Colchester. A lot of places are going near the football ground.
We lived in Layer De La Have for 15 years, it's a lovely side of town because it has easy access to everything within a short drive and traffic is pretty good that side of town.

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

I think the company is in Earls Colne. He has an interview in a couple of weeks so we will have to see what the company is like and how much money they are offering.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

We don’t need schools but we would like rural type area. I know nothing about that area at all. I have been told to avoid Braintree but I have no idea why.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Earls colne is lovely
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

If it is Earles Colne then there is also White Colne near by which is very rural and has some lovely walks or it is not that far from Coggeshall which is a lovely old village.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
*supersal*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Earls Colne is pretty. I would def recommend Halstead then as you’re only 10 min away. There are lots of nice villages local, Colne Engaine, Pebmarsh, White Colne.
Braintree isn’t bad but there are lots of nicer village areas.
*supersal* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

OK forget Colchester. You need to visit the area and drive round the villages. Depending on your budget there may not be a lot of property to chose from. Above £500,000 you should be alright.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
We have also lived in both Halstead and Earls Colne, I personally don't think Halstead is as nice as it used to be, but I think that follows for a lot of towns, Colchester certainly isn't, which I have lived in for the rest of my adult life. However as said before, there are some lovely areas around the Earls Colne area, both rural and semi-rural, and if you want a bit more going on, then Coggeshall is a very nice village and only a short drive to Earls Colne. I would start looking from Eight Ash Green onwards, this road taking you through Chapel, the Colnes and then onto Halstead. Coggeshall is off a busy road that leads to Braintree, but Coggeshall itself is far enough away for the road not to be an issue and you can cut through to Earls Colne from there past the Earls Colne Golf Club. There are other nice villages around that area as well ie. Stisted.

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Just as a thought, we are currently living in Bures which is on the Suffolk border (we get about haha), lovely scenery there and although it is a little further to Earls Colne, should only take around 15 minutes, through country lanes and then you will join the Halstead road at Chappel and from there onto Earls Colne, so a very pleasant drive and no build ups of traffic. Also good access to the train stations at Colchester and Marks Tey if you need them at all.