Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Jun 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Can anyone advise on a villa with private pool and a shuttle service to parks

We are going in November, we want a villa with private pool and we are hiring a car... But we are taking my 20 year old daughter, who will want to be in the parks most days, I on the other hand do not; and really don't want to have to be a taxi service for her and her friend. So Here is the problem, will I be able to find a villa with my own pool in an area where she can get a shuttle into the parks. We have been before and stayed in villas but never had a shuttle service. Does anyone know if we will find such a place and where ? thanks for reading
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm not sure there is.

Windsor Hills may have one, not sure if they do any more.

Uber could be the way to go

Ideas of costs for a selection of communities from uber website when I looked last month:
Emerald Island - Magic Kingdom is $17-22
High Grove - Magic Kingdom is $17-22
Legacy Park - Magic Kingdom is $19-25
Hampton Lakes - Magic Kingdom is $20-26
Laurel Estates - Magic Kingdom is $22-29
Old 21 Jun 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

What you could do is get them to walk/ drop them to a hotel near villa community doing shuttles. Obviously this isn't ideal and would probably only work if the shuttle was payable. If it's free from hotel then the hotel might 1) not appreciate people using their shuttle 2) require guests to register to book a place, in which case they wouldn't be able to use it either.
Old 21 Jun 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
It's not something I've everheard of.

You're really best having a car if you are staying in a villa although these days I have heard of people using Uber but I'd think that would waste a lot of time waiting around

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by arkv1lla View Post

You're really best having a car if you are staying in a villa although these days I have heard of people using Uber but I'd think that would waste a lot of time waiting around

Sandra
On the way there would be OK I guess as you'd be at the villa.
On the way back, I'm not sure ... I'd guess it would be a problem if you stay at Disney 'til the fireworks. Be interesting to hear some experiences.
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

With uber in Orlando I didn't wait longer than 10 minutes from the time I booked on the app to my driver arriving, and usually it was about 5.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

We have a holiday home (which we don’t rent out) on Encore community from where free shuttles run to Disney & Universal.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

If you rent a villa at the western end of the 192/Davenport/Four Corners/Clermont, there is quick and easy access to Animal Kingdom via Sherberth Road. I would offer to drop them off in the morning and from there they can use the Disney buses to get to any park. Do the same in reverse in the evening, or they can Uber home from AK if you had other evening plans.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arkv1lla View Post

Sandra
I don't think I've ever waited more than about eight minutes for an Uber , you can see where they are on the app too as they travel to you.
With three adults Uber won't just be quicker than a shuttle but cheaper too you won't be tied to times either.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

There was a shuttle available when we stayed at Windsor Palms with a minimum of 2people. It was a service that went round the communities around Formosa area. You had to book it in advance. I was planning a day in MK whilst Dh and boys went to KSC but because of the minimum person requirement couldn’t use it so Dh dropped me off at the drop off point at MK and picked me up later.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List