Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Jun 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

Universal Cabana Bay Volcano View Rooms

Has anyone stayed in the Volcano view rooms here? Is so how would you rate them? We are looking for 2 nights at a Universal hotel and thought this looked like a good value option with a great view. Currently getting £383 for 2 nights in June 2019 which I thought was pretty good considering this will give us the extra hours entry in the mornings. We looked at Hard Rock which I have used elsewhere and LOVED but can't really justify the expense (could be spent elsewhere on goodies :-)). Not booked this part of our trip yet so honest reviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanks x
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

That’s not far off £200 a night which is on the higher end of the scale for Cabana Bay.

These rooms offer great view of Volcano Bay but be warned, those queuing for the slides can see straight in to your room especially in the evening!

How much is 2 nights at RPR using a travel agent like Travel Bag?
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

Thanks Moorland Man. I thought that was reasonable for the time of year, however will have a look again at RPR and compare. I really liked (or rather thought my kids would) the view of Volcano Bay. Not really too bothered about people seeing in as we will be spending limited time in the room anyway :-). Off too look at Travel Bag just now...
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

Just checked but will only show until May at the moment. I will check again in a few weeks - thanks for the tip though!
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have stayed at Cabana Bay and it’s a great hotel. Starbucks, great pools and lazy river. However, I have also stayed at RPR and the Express passes are a real bonus especially in June and July.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

My son has a disability which qualifies for the fast pass scheme for him (can't remember what its called at US :-)). This is one of the reasons I'm leaning towards Cabana Bay as we will still get the early entry to the parks. He is the only one out of our party who would have any issue with the queues. Both seem to get great reviews though.
Old 21 Jun 18, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Not guaranteed, but if you get a poolside room at the end of the Americana block closest to Volcano Bay, you can see the Volcano from the left side of your window - this might reduce the cost slightly
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

Thanks Orlandobloomer will keep that in mind :-)
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed in a Tower room in Cabana Bay (at the time they weren't selling specific volcano view rooms) and LOVED it. I can't tell you how amazing that view was. I think it was my favorite thing all holiday. Both the day and night view were just stunning.

A benefit of being in the tower rooms is the interior corridors and the proximity to the Volcano Bay entrance as well. We were top floor so I don't think anyone could see in our rooms- looking up when in VB at the tower rooms you couldnt really see in! So I wouldn't worry about that.

The only negative I can give you is there is some noise disturbance- drums coming from the park before opening, beeping of clean up vehicles after it closed. Screaming during the day as we looked right onto the biggest slide! However I am a super light sleeper and it didn't disturb my sleep.

We paid £90 a night in October so a lot less than they are charging now, but to be honest I still think its worth the price.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List