Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Fatboyslick View Post
Hi

Bought my Disney tickets with Thomas Cook via Attraction World. Just went to TC as not yet had the tickets issued to link to MDE but they’re saying the tickets haven’t been issued and won’t be until 60daya before, meaning a mad panic rush on the morning of my 60days

Surely this is a mistake as I’ve linked tickets well before I could book the 60 day FP
Unfortunately, if you've booked tickets with Attraction World (via Thomas Cook) then this is normal. Attraction World tend not to release the tickets until just over 60 days before your holiday.

(Also, remember that anyone who has just paid a deposit will not get the tickets until they've paid in full. They haven't bought the tickets until they've fully paid for them).

This is different to buying a Disney hotel+ticket package with Thomas Cook.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Unfortunately, if you've booked tickets with Attraction World (via Thomas Cook) then this is normal. Attraction World tend not to release the tickets until just over 60 days before your holiday.

(Also, remember that anyone who has just paid a deposit will not get the tickets until they've paid in full. They haven't bought the tickets until they've fully paid for them).

This is different to buying a Disney hotel+ticket package with Thomas Cook.
My only other experience is with ATDirect who post them out pretty much straight away

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
TC however where really adamant tickets arent given out until 60days usually
What TC mean by this is that they - and some other travel agents - usually don't release tickets until 60 days (or 30 days) beforehand. It doesn't mean everyone does this.

I can go online or phone Disney today, buy a ticket, and get a code to link to MDE by tomorrow. I don't have to wait until 60 days before my holiday.

Personally, unless the price is very good, I would never recommend anyone buys tickets separately through a TA. You can usually get them cheaper elsewhere and you'll get them as soon as you've paid in full for them.

My only other experience is with ATDirect who post them out pretty much straight away
Yeah. If you pay in full with someone like ATD (or lots of other online retailers) then they'll send the tickets out within a week or two.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:49 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Mobile

Can I double check please, do Disney tickets still come on the plastic cards or have they scrapped that

May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

If you stay on site you get magic bands - unless you request a plastic card often due to medical reason.

If you are staying on site have you tried to link your booking number on MDE This would show you the package and the tickets.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can I double check please, do Disney tickets still come on the plastic cards or have they scrapped that
You will get a voucher which you will have to exchange for the tickets which do come on the plastic cards.

Its the same with the universal tickets if you have also brought those though Attraction world!

We made the mistake of going to universal first to collect those tickets... no wait at all it was great!

Disney on the other hand, we went to the TTC to collect the tickets from the ticket booths and ended up waiting well over an hour to get them!

Also they may ask you for ID when you collect them. So remember to take your driving license/passport!
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Mobile

Hi

Thanks for the comments.

We have for five occasions bought our tickets from ATD but on this occasion we just chose to use TC while booking the holiday as they price matched. Had I known the process was different with AW in terms of getting vouchers and waiting until the day before FP I wouldn’t have done so!

Live and learn!

May14, Sep15... Mar17
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Yes, Disney tickets still come as plastic cards about the same size as credit cards.

However, in your case, you won't get plastic cards. You'll link the vouchers (or ticket code) to your account, then pick up MagicBands when you check-in, and then use the MagicBands to enter the parks, use fastpasses, etc.

If you want you can take your voucher and request plastic cards at one of the Disney ticket desks, but this is optional.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 22 Jun 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hi everyone

Good news, TC got me my code today and it has worked so Im all linked up and ready for FPs in a couple of weeks!

Unknown news is when ill get my Universal and HHN tickets though!

Interesting news (maybe) is that I visited AW website and it was a portal for Travel Agents to log into. However i saw a link for consumers hidden away so i went on that and got redirected to onlineticketstore.co.uk

Would you believe, front and centre on their website it says "RECEIVE YOUR TICKETS VIA EMAIL - INSTANTLY"

May14, Sep15... Mar17
Old 22 Jun 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Hi everyone

Good news, TC got me my code today and it has worked so Im all linked up and ready for FPs in a couple of weeks!

Unknown news is when ill get my Universal and HHN tickets though!

Interesting news (maybe) is that I visited AW website and it was a portal for Travel Agents to log into. However i saw a link for consumers hidden away so i went on that and got redirected to onlineticketstore.co.uk

Would you believe, front and centre on their website it says "RECEIVE YOUR TICKETS VIA EMAIL - INSTANTLY"
Well done - shame you have to shout to get what you should have got in the first place...

Are you flying with TC? Get the CheckMyTrip app - will tell you more about your flight that they will!

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List