Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jun 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Iphone 7 back up charger

Hi all
Does anyone know what to buy to have extra battery life for phones whilst using them all day in the parks please?
Thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

I've bought one of these for our trip. amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I let my DS borrow it for Download festival and he charged his Iphone 6Plus twice from a single charge.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

the anker powercore units are a decent standard. beware of cheap no-name chinese knockoffs which only have a fraction of the claimed capacity.

size-wise, the 10000mah unit is enough to charge an average phone 3 times, and is the perfect compromise between capacity and size

amazon/Anker-Power...90584&sr =1-3

they have them on offer regularly for nearer to £15, so if youre not in a hurry, set up a camelcamelcamel alert for them to drop in price again

the 20100 has twice the capacity, so is good for charging multiple devices at the same time (2 usb ports)... again, its usually around £25 when on offer, so set up CCC for an alert. its probably the best capacity for your money, it's just bulkier than the 10k one above.

amazon/dp/B00VJSGT...&tag=amzn21-21

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I second Anker - I've had a couple and they have been pretty reliable.

I currently have a very nice mophie power pack (also very expensive - only bought it as I desperately needed a charger at the last minute) which I am very happy with, especially as my version comes with a cable for both iPhone and a micro USB built in.

One other option to consider if you are mainly in Disney is the Fuelrod - more info here disneyworld.disney.go/en...hone-chargers/ - basically you pay $30 for a small (not that great) power pack and some cables. But you can then continually swap out the power pack at various places in WDW for a freshly charged one, so no need to worry about charging it up or using it up during the day. I don't have one, but my friend has and it does seem incredibly useful if you are in Disney a lot. Outside of Disney it seems to be a lot less useful though as I don't think it holds much capacity...
Old 21 Jun 18, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I have a few of the " chinese power rods " and they work well, when they break throw them away, cheap enough not to worry about
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
I have a few of the " chinese power rods " and they work well, when they break throw them away, cheap enough not to worry about
The only thing about this is I am very against our throw away culture and how damaging it is. I'd rather spend more and it last for years. But that is only my opinion
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

So Anker it is. Thank you all
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishlass89
Very Serious Dibber

I have anker that I use over here but in Disney I used fuel rods. You can buy the first one for $30 ($20 online/off site) and then when it runs out just put it into the machine and get a new charged one. Saved having to carry a big power bar around and having to remember to charge it.
scottishlass89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List