Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 May 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
My son also! Just told him (as per usual) to try his best! At least it’s out of the way after today.
Does he not have another chemistry exam? We have 2 per science topic. DS is doing the foundation paper.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

yes same here he has told me not to expect a text to say it has gone well.. tomorrow is french reading another bad one here .. xx
Old 16 May 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
She was unhappy with the Biology as were most people who sat it. Apparently the teachers were very unhappy too and are complaining to the exam board (AQA Combined Science) - good luck with that.
The same thing happened at my DS's school. My DS is doing triple science, AQA, and he thought that biology went OK, but his friends that are doing combined science were all complaining about how hard the biology exam was, and apparently there was loads of stuff on the exam that had not been covered in school.
Old 16 May 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Dizzy View Post
DD’s Eng Lit was on An Inspector Calls and Romeo and Juliette. She said she felt it was better than she had expected. Those in her school who did Macbeth were all complaining as the questions were about a very minor character in the play. She has Jekyll and Hyde and poetry next week.
My DS's Eng Lit paper was on Macbeth and A Christmas Carol, next week it is An Inspector Calls and poetry.

His Macbeth question was about the Macbeth character. What I don't understand now is I always thought that the kids took exactly the same exams, if the questions are different how can they decide the grade boundaries. It doesn't seem fair now as some papers will be harder than others.

Also if the school gets to choose the books why on earth would they choose Pride and Prejudice, it's word count is approx 122,000 words, compared to approx 18,000 in An Inspector Calls.
Old 16 May 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

well I am hoping after today's chemistry exam(which he has already said before that he wont pass!) that my son can start to feel a bit more positive about how he's doing . He thought Biology was ok but apart from that its all been doom and gloom but the remaining subjects (maths aside) are his better ones .
Old 16 May 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Does he not have another chemistry exam? We have 2 per science topic. DS is doing the foundation paper.
Think it depend on whether your child is doing combined science or triple. My DD is doing triple so has 2 exams for each of the 3 subjects. DD is doing foundation for Biology and Chemistry but higher for Physics.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Dizzy View Post
Think it depend on whether your child is doing combined science or triple. My DD is doing triple so has 2 exams for each of the 3 subjects. DD is doing foundation for Biology and Chemistry but higher for Physics.
DD is doing the same as yours. She was very surprised she was put forward for higher in Physics but she got a level 6 in the mocks so they obviously think she’s capable. Let’s hope they’re right!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

DS home from Chem, said it was not too bad. but i am really worries (like others) as he has said Biology was good, Eng Lit was ok (Macbeth and Christmas Carol) and chemistry he thinks he added up his marks and has done well! we are AQA board, apart from Geology that is welsh board.

he already looks so tired, but he has three days now until his next one on Monday so hopefully he can rest and recoup!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The verdict on Chemistry...

JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
DS’s verdict on the Chemistry paper(triple science one) was that it was a pretty hard paper but he thinks he did well. He’s decent in chemistry and biology, physics is the one he struggles with a bit.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List