Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Oct 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Redhead78
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post
Hi, sorry to be a bit of a 'debbie downer' but i am 'only' a size 20 and could not ride FOP. not because tot he weight round my middle, but mu calf size is huge and they could not get the leg restraints to click in.

one thing i would say though if you cannot fit there really is no big embarrassment, people que up and decide not to ride for a variety of reasons... if you don't fit no biggie...

I do fit in all other rides tho!
I *think* they no longer have the calf restraints-when we went in 2017 they had them but in May this year they weren’t used, maybe because they’d had problems with accommodating people and the back restraint is enough to support you. I stand to be corrected though if I’m wrong!
Redhead78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Hi, I’m size 26-28 top and 30-32 bottom, photos on my trip reports, I did everything at Disney, universal diff story- not pooh friendly for most of the coasters (the ones I did ride:ET, fast and furious, the mummy ask for back row outside seats, Simpson’s , minions) HOWEVER please do try the test seats for everything, lots of people do it’s not embarrassing to try them at all xx
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Redhead78 View Post
I *think* they no longer have the calf restraints-when we went in 2017 they had them but in May this year they weren’t used, maybe because they’d had problems with accommodating people and the back restraint is enough to support you. I stand to be corrected though if I’m wrong!
I rode it last month, I had read to lift my feet up onto my tip toes so as to raise your calves for the restraints, which I did, so when I put my feet flat on the floor after the restraints went into place there was plenty of room (it’s just a ‘flap’), so yes they may have changed them as they didn’t appear to be restrictive. I’ve also read somewhere that they have made some modifications.
I rode it a few times and only tried the tip toe trick once

Edited at 06:28 AM.
Chloeoeysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohSized
New Poster (3)

Originally Posted by bigshaz View Post
Hi, I’m size 26-28 top and 30-32 bottom, photos on my trip reports, I did everything at Disney, universal diff story- not pooh friendly for most of the coasters (the ones I did ride:ET, fast and furious, the mummy ask for back row outside seats, Simpson’s , minions) HOWEVER please do try the test seats for everything, lots of people do it’s not embarrassing to try them at all xx
That's exactly what is freaking me out right now - the embarassment factor
PoohSized is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I went last year and was a size 20. The only ride I found painful, was the HP Forbidden Journey in IOA. As you legs dangle, the restraint comes down either side of your thighs, and I found it really pinched! I ended up with a couple of bruises
I think there are more issues on rides like 7dmt & FOP for taller guests. They tend to be pretty generous around the middle, but not so much leg length. both my OH and I are tall (him 6ft 4, and me 5ft 11) and we both struggle with the space on 7dmt in particular.
Old 7 Oct 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

You may have a bit of trouble with the Buckbeak ride in Hogsmeade - me and my sister rode it (both between a UK 10 and UK 14) and it was very snug to the point that we were pretty uncomfortable in there and it's only a 30 sec kiddies coaster!

Have a great time!
Old 8 Oct 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fancealot
Getting Excited

Several years ago I found that Universal was not into pooh shaped people (it's probably due to the more thrilling rides) I couldn't get on HP ride in hogsmede but went through the queue with the other members of my party and waited near the rider swap area for them, couldn't get on the mummy but managed a fair few rides. Disney was no problem, and it's more plus size friendly. I'm a big guy and carry most of my weight in my tummy. Try the test seats is a good idea and watch pammie parks plus on youtube, it gives a good idea of rides etc.
Old 20 Oct 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Please don’t worry about this! You will either fit, or you won’t. I know I’m stating the obvious, but all you can do is try. I’m sure you’ll be fine at Disney, but honestly, I think it could go either way at universal. I’m a couple of sizes smaller than you, and sometimes need an extra click from the TM. The Harry Potter rides have stunning queues, so still make sure you go through them. You say how you and your son have had a tough time (I’m sorry to hear this) and that you don’t want to ruin his holiday. There is NO WAY that his Mum not fitting on a couple of rides will ruin his hols, I promise!

Just go for it! The worst thing that will happen is that you’ll need to make an early exit, the best thing will be that you get to ride.

Have a wonderful holiday, don’t let the build up be spoiled by worry xx

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report

Edited at 09:43 PM.
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List