Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kleb View Post
Just spoken with BA about options to change our flights (we fly LGW-MCO on 9 August).

The advice I received was to wait until early July for an update. The lady explained that currently, BA do not intend on operating a full service until 1 September at the earliest which would mean that the voucher scheme would be extended until 31 August at least. The lady I spoke with intimated that BA's intention is to use the voucher scheme up until the point that normal service is resumed. This makes sense I guess as it would avoid refunding custumers for a cancelled flight if they had already opted for the voucher.

Still a case of wait and see but her comments were interesting so thought I'd pass them on.
Thanks for the info. Anyone know how the vouchers will work, will you have to book direct with BA?

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index

Edited at 11:43 AM.
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Thanks for the info. Anyone know how the vouchers will work, will you have to book direct with BA?
Yes and I think you have to phone to rebook rather than use website- but someone will say if that’s changed

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jones721
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by kleb View Post
Just spoken with BA about options to change our flights (we fly LGW-MCO on 9 August).

The advice I received was to wait until early July for an update. The lady explained that currently, BA do not intend on operating a full service until 1 September at the earliest which would mean that the voucher scheme would be extended until 31 August at least. The lady I spoke with intimated that BA's intention is to use the voucher scheme up until the point that normal service is resumed. This makes sense I guess as it would avoid refunding custumers for a cancelled flight if they had already opted for the voucher.

Still a case of wait and see but her comments were interesting so thought I'd pass them on.

Hi, we fly out August 9th too (and, unfortunately, booked premium economy so they weren't cheap). In the same postition as you so hoping the voucher scheme is extended until the end of August and your post gave me a bit of hope that might happen!

Interestingly, my daughter decided to come out for part of our stay after we had booked our flights and is due to fly Virgin / Delta (booked through Delta website). She was offered a voucher weeks ago for a flight departing 16th August! So at least she is certain she will get something back. I don't know if Delta were more flexible than Virgin but US airlines seems to be more used to people changing bookings than UK ones.

I'll keep watching this site to see if anyone else has any updates :-)

Tracey
jones721 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jones721
Earning More Ears

Delta's rules on their website:

Can I change or cancel my flight?

It‘s easy to cancel, make changes or rebook online. Visit My Trips to make changes to your flight(s) any time before your travel date. We’re now waiving change fees and Award redeposit fees providing greater flexibility to travel using eCredits through September 30, 2022, for customers who:

have upcoming travel already booked for March through September 30, 2020 as of April 17, 2020
jones721 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Am I right in thinking if you booked before 3rd March you have to cancel or claim a voucher? If for example you have booked after March 3rd you can move your holiday for free? I made my booking for May 2021 last week so if I wanted to move it I could for free? I’m confused.
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 04:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey2014
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Aarti View Post
Am I right in thinking if you booked before 3rd March you have to cancel or claim a voucher? If for example you have booked after March 3rd you can move your holiday for free? I made my booking for May 2021 last week so if I wanted to move it I could for free? I’m confused.
You can only move flights booked after March that are travelling in 2020.
Mickey2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

BA’s updated their website again (Coronavirus information) this afternoon. Still no extension of the voucher scheme to August... 😡
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

It’s just a waiting game for BA ,cancelled my Disney Holiday today for 27th August not going to wait for any announcements as will not be going this year or next . 😢
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

For those of us with a BA Flydrive.
I spoke with them yesterday to extend my car hire duration to allow us to escape the Disney bubble and access offsite food.

They’ve confirmed that balance is due 3 weeks before and if I cancel before that date it will only be loss of deposit (£50pp plus £50 for the car), even though I’ve paid more towards the balance than that.
Cancel after that date then it’s lose all the money paid.
I booked these flights around about New Year so prior to the March amendment period.
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Mobile

Friend of mine just came off the phone to BA, advisor told her memo came round two days ago to say October flyers could now claim a voucher but needs to be done online. Not sure how true it is but worth a try

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List