Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Steffib
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

yep, 13th august. Manchester flight with Virgin, then anna maria island and Disney. Just keeping everything crossed and trying to remain positive!
Steffib is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyhm
VIP Dibber

Yep we are due to travel 8th August. At the minute we have Disney booked still (I clicked the agree button to see if it would take me to a screen with a new balance!) but as a contingency we have booked a villa in Englewood on the Gulf and then a week in HRH at ?Universal. All on free cancellation up to 14 days before.
Disneyhm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
I'm making them to for protection but to comply. I've got a couple of materials I want to try. I'm thinking about the material that cooling cloths are made from because we could use them as cooling cloths. I've also got a couple sports tshirts that I'm going to cut up and try - they're labelled as breathable so might be worth a shout and the I've got some cotton lilo and stitch patterned material so will make some prototypes with different elastics.
Sounds amazing! My daughter is a huge Stitch fan. Maybe I should try to make some Im just not that good at sewing 🤔
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We were due to fly 15th but resigned that we aren't going, just looked at WESH news and there has been a big spike in cases today. It could mean another Florida lock down if cases continue to increase.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
Sounds amazing! My daughter is a huge Stitch fan. Maybe I should try to make some Im just not that good at sewing 🤔
I'm have only very basic skills but watched a couple of YouTube videos. Some use hair bands which makes it even easier!
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We're 7th August. Everything is still booked for us. Flights were booked with AA but are BA flights. They still seem to be going. Disney with ATD so don't need to do anything with that. Universal already booked and paid for. Our villa owner has been very kind and said we can delay payment until we know what's going on.

I'm feeling a bit worried at the moment that the borders won't open up and in the rise in cases in Florida. Like you, I didn't want to bring a downer on the positivity thread so haven't posted it.

We're supposed to be going with 3 other family members and it seems like they really want to cancel so if we do get to go, it'll probably just the 4 of us.
Old 15 Jun 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I’ve just checked our BA flights and they have disappeared from Manage My Booking so I assume they have been cancelled 😢
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LW2412 View Post
I’ve just checked our BA flights and they have disappeared from Manage My Booking so I assume they have been cancelled 😢
What dates are those for?
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nazzer
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yeah we're due to fly on August 10th from Man. Staying positive. I believe there will be an announcement end of June regarding sky bridges. Fingers crossed for everyone. We're not doing Disney now as we were only interested in the new star wars bits anyway. Doing universal 3 parks and discovery cove , SeaWorld aquatica and busch gardens. Plus maybe a fishing trip plus manatee swim. We'll see if we get there first 😆👍🇺🇲🇺🇲
Nazzer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LW2412 View Post
I think you were due to go on the 4th but which route if you don't mind me asking? My flights are still there so maybe a glitch if they haven't been in touch either.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List