Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jun 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by floridafamily View Post
thanks for this, she IS a size 6 as far as I remember, will double check, thanks

what a price saving, would never have though to check for kids sizes.
This is perfect, £50 for the size 6 version.
This was never the case when I was growing up. I was a size 6 and kids sizes went up to a size 5😡😥
I was a shoe size 6 at 14 and still am today as a grown up😊

Edited at 10:31 AM.
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

For info girls feet tend to stop growing around the age of 14.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter is a size 3, she turns 31 next month and always buys her trainers from the juniors section 😁
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
When buying trainers I always buy from the juniors I'm a 5/5.5/6 depending on style. Massive savings

I remember having the same problems with our DD's when they were teens. We always ended up buying the ones they wanted. Remember paying £100+ for a pair of Nike for one of them back in the early 90's only to have them pinched from my SIL front door! She always asked for you to take your shoes off at the door! She did replace them
Michelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The trainers may seem expensive, but these do last for a long time. Ds2 has had a couple of pairs, sad to read her mum made her spend her birthday money on stuff she needed, surely birthday money is for the 1 thing you wouldn't normally buy! Have you tried depop, ebay etc to see if someone is selling a pair, ds2 has bought a few pairs of dr M, nike on thesr sites xx

Edited at 10:52 AM.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Aw this really brakes my heart. It is so hard being a teenager.
Growing up we had very little money, holidays were a week in a caravan (which we loved) and I had all my sisters hand me downs!
I did get a new outfit at Christmas & Easter but apart from that I had my sisters clothes that no longer fit (plus shoes)
I remember how I felt when my friends all had trendy jackets & trainers... I never want my children to feel like that.

We have three children and very careful with money. Our two teenagers do like to have certain trainers which they do get at Christmas.
My daughter is happy to wear Primark clothes but she has to have nice trainers (still wearing the ones she got from Christmas) she is a size 6 in trainers and always buys junior which saves a fortune. Check online for offers & discounts. Sometimes Nike have great sales etc

I know you were looking for an alternate pair but if she has never had the ‘in pair’ of trainers, it will definitely be those she really wants
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

my daughter has air force ones about 3 pairs, she saved birthday / xmas money for these

kids like fashion & dont want to stand out as different or not in the right gear

when i was at school the casual scene was in full flow everyone in expensive trainers/jumpers etc etc, our school photos look like golf club AGMs... i remember paying £75 for a pair of adidas zx500 in 1985...

been this way for decades & parents tut at these fashions ...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Last year bought my 14 granddaughter Fila Disruptor as they were in thing. Cost £80, I dont spend over £30 for me, but she definitely got her wear/moneys worth as they were never off her feet. She wore them with everything, they were well worth the money.

I personally think its better buying her something she really really wants that she will wear and wear, than something similar which she might wear once or twice.
Old 26 Jun 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafamily
Imagineer

so I know this sounds dim, but do the junior kids ones look identical to the adult versions, or will her mates know she has the kids version?

(as you can tell, I do not own a pair of trainers, lol)
Jan 2012 – Disney Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Nov 2013 - Disney Port Orleans Riverside

Nov 2014 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Feb 2016 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
floridafamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by familybell View Post
I personally wouldn’t buy different pair if her heart is set on the Air Force 1’s
If you are lucky and she fits junior sizes then you’ll manage to pick up a pair for £50, if not then I’d also give her the money and let her make up the difference herself
I’ve just ordered a pair for my dd’s birthday and I know what you mean about the old cheap looking trainers, I though exactly the same but I’m not the one wearing them😂
I agree with the first bit of this. I think if she has her heart set on the AF1s buying her something else may backfire.

But I'm not for one moment suggesting going over budget and I agree with her raising the rest.

Alternatively buy her a horse and then you will realise how cheap the trainers were