Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

We can all look forward to next year (hopefully ) but I hope you're okay about missing out x

I felt sorry for myself when we were supposed to be away but after we should've been back I was okay again. Our October cruise and flights have been cancelled already so nothing left to hang onto. Our holiday funds are going elsewhere also but it doesn't bring the same joy I think it's the first time in my adult life that I don't have a trip or trips booked (city break etc), that's what keeps me going and to be honest I'm not keen to book anything anytime soon until things settle a little.

We did a staycation a couple of weeks ago, it did help a little Happy planning for next June I can't wait to get back to planning holidays again.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

It would have been our travel day tomorrow 😭 Want to do something nice so I don't feel depressed all day but can’t think of anything 😕

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

We’ve just been on a staycation and went to a theme park and the beach and stayed in a few hotels and we had a blast! But I’ve come home and it’s made me pine for Orlando even more! It’s my birthday today and I just feel so ‘meh’ knowing I should be celebrating today with excitement for next week!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
We’ve just been on a staycation and went to a theme park and the beach and stayed in a few hotels and we had a blast! But I’ve come home and it’s made me pine for Orlando even more! It’s my birthday today and I just feel so ‘meh’ knowing I should be celebrating today with excitement for next week!
Happy birthday 🥳 x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for all the replies. I know we all know that pain! We are actually back in a localised lockdown here so the day was spent out the back garden but we are going to start saving for next years hols this month. Wont be booking anything but as soon as we feel confident we will be ready to rock!
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
We should have been flying out tomorrow morning. Our flight reminder popped up on my phone calendar and I remembered that we should be sat at Gatwick after checking into the Hilton, having a pint and some wings in the Spoons, with my mum and dad before taking them on their first ever Florida trip at 70 years of age. No seeing mums face when she met Donald Duck, or watching dad cry when he walked down Main St 😭😭 Gutted is an understatement. I know there is pure rubbish in the world right now but it doesn’t make the disappointment any easier to deal with, especially when you’ve worked through all this rubbish going on & worked so hard to organise a holiday where the balance was just right 😢
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We should have been flying to California today, in fact we should be landing about now.I took my countdown off at the beginning of the week because I knew id struggle seeing those numbers disappear and knowing we would not being going. Getting an email Wednesday evening from premier inn saying "see you tomorrow " really hasn't helped either, it was a real kick in the teeth to be honest.
Old 14 Aug 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
We should be all excited and meant to be flying from Gatwick to tampa tomorrow, feel your pain.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

We should have gone today. 😭
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
We are actually back in a localised lockdown here so the day was spent out the back garden
How is the localised lockdown? I hope you and your family are doing ok! We are doing quite well down south but I remember the bleakness of the full lockdown, you wouldn't even want to go anywhere although I had to for work. It must be a worry for you now with school due to start back etc.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List