Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Sep 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

I am a bit of a wuss with cold water so always have pool heat in July and August. It takes the age of the early morning swim or late night dip...

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
From around May onwards, we never ask for pool heating. We want the pool to be refreshing.
Refreshing... is that what its's called? I'm ok stepping in until I get to just above the base of my shorts then the joy ends quickly "undercarriage - up!"
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

It's a matter of personal taste and everyone has their own opinion. It's not for people to say 'no, it's not necessary' as that's only their opinion. Personally we would have pool heating even in the summer months as we feel it's a little more comfortable for us getting in and using the pool. Doesn't have to be 'hot' or even 'warm' but just take the chill off. I'm happy to pay for that.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The pool heater may not work in August if the ambient temperature is above 86f. So you will be paying for nothing. I guess you may get some heating in the early hours when the temperatures drop
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I absoloutely hate getting in freezing cold water, I like to just walk in it and feel relaxed straight away, we've paid for pool heat in October and it was amazing, unfortunately my husband and kids like it cold, especially in august! So for me, yes i would pay for it, but it's not needed, think its a personal thing!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
The pool heater may not work in August if the ambient temperature is above 86f. So you will be paying for nothing. I guess you may get some heating in the early hours when the temperatures drop
I live here. My pool heater is set at 87 but turned off. Whenever I have looked the pool is already that temperature. The only time the water feels cold is if I have been sitting in the sun. 10,000 gallons of water doesn't cool much overnight when the a/c is still coming on all night.
Old 11 Sep 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Apprentice Imagineer

Too hot for me in August with pool heat, I'd say no. It's like being in a bath

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TGT View Post
Too hot for me in August with pool heat, I'd say no. It's like being in a bath
Just stuck my hand in the pool at 7:30 PM after a fairly cloudy day with about 1/2 inch of rain . It feels like a bath without heat being on! The air temp is now 86 and the pool was about the same but still felt really warm since the sun is going down.
Old 11 Sep 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh the joy of a villa pool, I can just imagine myself sitting on the side and dangling my feet into the warm water. I need to get back
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The heater will not even kick in during August so don’t waste your money. In 16 yrs of ownership we never had a guest heat the pool in August.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List