Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Sep 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
Thank you, she’s studying Psychology. I know she’s going to have a great time and she’s done so well but...
She will and she has done so well, but the first few weeks are hard, possibly more for us than for them 😢 It does get better I promise 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I think Beth has made the right decision Choppygirl. Dd was saying only yesterday that she probably would have done the same if she had been starting this year. Much of the first term is practically based with animal handling so for that to be scrapped and shown online instead really wouldn’t be the same. Hopefully next year we will be back to normal.
Georgia has said she would have deferred if this was her first year too. Science courses are so hands on, that’s even more true for vet or medical. I really hope next year is back to normal for all our children.

Has your DD returned yet Mary? Will there be practical lessons in any form for her this year?
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DD goes to BGU Lincoln on Saturday. Mature student at 21 🤣 One disastrous year at Sheffield Hallam under her belt hopefully all will be well this time. I'm going to miss her so much but I'm so proud she's giving uni another shot. She's been so ill this year having major surgery so this is a huge thing for her. Time to spread your wings Liv x
Old 14 Sep 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
DD goes to BGU Lincoln on Saturday. Mature student at 21 🤣 One disastrous year at Sheffield Hallam under her belt hopefully all will be well this time. I'm going to miss her so much but I'm so proud she's giving uni another shot. She's been so ill this year having major surgery so this is a huge thing for her. Time to spread your wings Liv x
Good luck to Liv and fingers crossed it all works out well for her this time. I remember your posts right at the beginning of this thread when she left Sheffield so I’m so pleased she’s giving it another try.

What is she studying? Is it similar to her previous choice or something completely new? I hope she is feeling better now xx

Edited at 04:06 PM.
Old 14 Sep 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Good luck to Liv and fingers crossed it all works out well for her this time. I remember your posts right at the beginning of this thread when she left Sheffield so I’m so pleased she’s giving it another try.

What is she studying? Is it similar to her previous choice or something completely new? I hope she is feeling better now xx
Shes doing what she should have done the first time round 🤣 Physical Education and sports coaching. So far I've been impressed with BGU and we both liked having a smaller uni. She got lost before and came home broken physically and mentally. Shes already been chatting to fellow students in her accomodation and seems more than ready to go. X
Old 14 Sep 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Shes doing what she should have done the first time round 🤣 Physical Education and sports coaching. So far I've been impressed with BGU and we both liked having a smaller uni. She got lost before and came home broken physically and mentally. Shes already been chatting to fellow students in her accomodation and seems more than ready to go. X
I’m so pleased she’s found what suits her, both with her course and uni choice. I was chatting to friends yesterday who all have children in uni too and we all said that following their instincts and choosing the uni they ‘fell in love with’ was the right thing to do. It’s a case of finding the one they feel most at home with.
Old 14 Sep 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I am so happy to read this update. Finding the right uni and course is so essential!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
My induction week for my Animal Care hnd starts next week. I’m super excited.

We have one practical session each week but not sure whether it’s all day or not.
hexagon is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
My induction week for my Animal Care hnd starts next week. I’m super excited.

We have one practical session each week but not sure whether it’s all day or not.
Good luck for the animal care course. It’s good that you will be getting some hands on practical experience. I hope you really enjoy the course 😀
Old 14 Sep 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Georgia has said she would have deferred if this was her first year too. Science courses are so hands on, that’s even more true for vet or medical. I really hope next year is back to normal for all our children.

Has your DD returned yet Mary? Will there be practical lessons in any form for her this year?
No she is still at home as they have pushed the start date back until the middle of October. She hasn't heard whether she will have any practicals yet as they have heard nothing since an email in July saying that it would be 'hybrid teaching' for the clinical courses. She's getting a bit stressed now at not hearing anything, I think she just wants to know what's what.
Thanks for asking DD.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List