Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Nov 19, 05:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Scarla
VIP Dibber

'Once in a lifetime' trip - WDW onsite & DDP Feb 2019 - Day 6 - Magic Kingdom & BOG (Lunch)

Hi, and welcome to day 6, our second visit to MK.

Index can be found here

Plans for the day as follows:

Fastpasses:
SDMT at 9.00
Splash Mountain at 10:10
Pirates of the Caribbean at 11.35

ADR:
Be Our Guest (Lunch) the first of 3 visits over our stay

So as usual the day started pretty early with breakfast at OPR. Now personally I wanted to try out other places, maybe grab a QS in the parks but Darren is really grumpy unless he has had something to eat first thing & as this is the only thing he really insisted on I let him have his way unless we had a breakfast booked.

So first up when we got to MK was SDMT, which was my most looked forward to ride & it did not disappoint! In fact I could go on it all day, if it wasn't for the mahoosive queue lol However Darren didn't share my view of it, I think it was the rocking more than anything, but the kids loved it.

We ended up in different cars which meant we got some great photos, especially of me & Scarla as we had a car to ourselves

Next it was on to splash mountain, which had become Alex's favourite ride. I definitely enjoyed it more than the first time as we were seated nearer to the back so didn't get as wet, however, the ride photos were blank when they appeared on MDE which is a bit of a shame.

After this it was on to Pirates of the Caribbean. Alex was a little dubious of this one as he has a bit of a fear of Halloween so doesn't like skulls, but after lots of coaxing we eventually persuaded him by seating him between us, but he didn't really like it as you can see by his face, bless him

After this we had a bit of a wander before our lunch at BOG

I had pre-booked our meals here so was a bit nervous that everyone liked what i had ordered for them as they hadn't really been interested prior to the trip.
Me - Braised Chicken (Coq Au Vin Style)
Darren - Cannellini Bean Cassoulet - the vegitarian option
Scarla - Les Macaronis Maurice - macaroni & cheese
Alex - Feast à la Beast - chicken, green beans & mash

We were seated in the library and on the whole we all really enjoyed it here, although it was very busy and we had to wait ages for our food, even though we had pre-booked. Alex didn't really like his which was to be expected as it wasn't chicken nuggets, (the only thing he will eat without complaint), but the rest of us enjoyed the choices I had made.
Sorry no food pics I just kept forgetting

I did, however, get some nice pics of the kids posing

After this we made our way beck to the resort to chill for the rest of the day as we were all worn out

Well, thats it for day 6, thanks for reading & any questions, please let me know.

Next up: Day 7 - Discovery Cove

Feb 2019 - 2 weeks onsite at CBR with DDP
Oct 2022 - 3 weeks offsite in 4 bed villa at Emerald Island - Pre-trip report is here

'Once in a lifetime' trip report - CBR + DDP Feb 2019

Edited at 11:48 PM.
Scarla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

another great day, always good to have a rest in the afternoon and chill out.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List