Notices

Old 23 Oct 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

The Hunt For Baymax October 2018

Introduction

Well after reading a LOT of trip reports over the last two years, I am going to give it a go myself.

So first introductions:

Me - Rob – 29 year old Yorkshireman who has betrayed his roots and now lives across the Pennines in Manchester! Work in Marketing and in my free time watch a lot of movies and football. I have been a Disney fan since I was young, growing up watching the likes of Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan and my favourite Disney film Aladdin.

Girlfriend- Ellen – 27 year old fashion designer from Chesterfield, was also brought up watching the classic 90s Disney films (with her dad who often wins Disney trivial pursuit).
Trip Background:
After going on a ‘once in a lifetime’ trip in September 2016, we arrived home with a serious case of Disney blues and started to talk about the possibility of another trip (we both knew it was going to happen). After staying off site in 2016 on international drive, we decided that we wanted to try onsite to reduce the amount of time spent travelling in the car and to get the Disney dining plan.
Once the 2018 dinning plan offer became available we booked 2 weeks at Disney’s All Star Music Resort and upgraded to the Disney Dining Plan. We then tried to put the trip to the back of our minds since it was so long away.
In January 2018 we finally booked our flights through Disney, opting to do this so we could just pay a deposit rather than the full whack as we were still saving at this point. This decision worked out really well for us as a week after taking our flight deposit, due to an error Disney took the payment again from my account. They refunded the money within a few days and to say sorry gave us a $200 gift card (RESULT!).
ADR Booking
Since we had the DDP this trip it required a bit of additional planning, which may or may not have involved a colour coded spreadsheet. Once our 6 month window opened we booked the following ADR’s:
• California Grill
• Ohana
• Tepan Edo
• Tusker House Breakfast
• Crystal Palace Breakfast
• Yak & Yeti
• The Edison
• Chef Art Smiths Homecoming
• The Yachtsman
• Be Our Guest Dinner
We left ourselves with 2 table service credits to make a last minute booking on one of our free evenings.
There will be a review of each of the meals as part of this trip report (Any guesses on our favourite and worst?)
Fastpasses:
I won’t go through our fastpass bookings (I am sure you’re thinking this pre trip is going on a bit now) but we did get 2x Flight of Passage, Frozen, Slinky Dog Dash and Navi River Journey.

Well hopefully that has got you hooked and you are looking forward to the next two weeks of our trip, I am aiming to get up two to three days each week depending on my availability. Looking forward to my first trip report. Rob
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds great Rob am looking forward to reading along 😀