Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Feb 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

YouTube Kids

A friend of mine shared this post on Facebook earlier. Just a heads up if you have children who use the YouTube Kids app.
I haven't included the pictures this woman put in her post as this is a family forum, just in case little eyes are watching - but they were pretty violent looking images which included harm and violence, but in a cartoon style.

Edited at 11:46 PM.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

dailymail/news/art...nife-neck.html
I have also heard through friends about this and there was this article in the daily mail...The image is seriously freaky just to warn you.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
dailymail/news/art...nife-neck.html
I have also heard through friends about this and there was this article in the daily mail...The image is seriously freaky just to warn you.
Ugh! Freaky is an understatement!

There are some proper sickos out there, I know there have always been sickos but it seems so much easier for them to influence kids and teens these days using the internet than it would have been 20-25 years ago when I was growing up.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkstargirl View Post
Ugh! Freaky is an understatement!

There are some proper sickos out there, I know there have always been sickos but it seems so much easier for them to influence kids and teens these days using the internet than it would have been 20-25 years ago when I was growing up.
I know ...you can only imagine what a 7 year old is feeling when it watches this.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We had a warning about Momo yesterday... from my granddaughters (who turned 4 yesterday) nursery! 😢

Sorry, slightly off topic. 😘
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow Momo is finally doing the rounds in this country?! I heard of Momo summer last year, and caught a few Youtube videos of people try to "summon" Momo with the WhatsApp number that goes around for her.

Shocking that it's managed to get through onto Youtube Kids!
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

This is going round our DD's primary school too - thankfully parents all seem aware of it although my DD at 6 is now worried about it - people can be seriously twisted 😖
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I was a bit freaked out myself goodness only knows what it would do to little children. Why the hell would anyone want to do this?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Proper proper sick people out there
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Honestly I am so mad about this, I only learnt about this momo thing yesterday, thank god I did cos forewarned and all that, lilly had a meltdown about this at 3.15am this morning and has been awake since, she didn't know much aboit it but what she did was scaring her witless... She has autism too which with a lot of things makes her thoughts about the unknown very irrational, I ended up being in her bed with her rest of night, it's a single sized high sleeper so that was lots of fun 😕... She was okay this morning but wouldn't go on her ipad, I spoke to school and they said it was all kids were talking about yesterday and they were liaising with e perts on how best to deal with it today, I've done my own research too and school have sent some very useful information home to all parents to share with their children and we've discussed it at length this evening, it seems to be sinking in so hoping tonight is a quieter night but it's when she's settling to sleep and no distractions her thoughts cause her trouble, we had this a year or so ago with the killer clowns and we've had similar with a ghost story she saw online that went a bit too far but I've used those past experiences to show her that a lot of it is just stories and as long as she doesn't go looking for this sort of stuff online she should be okay, but I have also said anything she does see she is to tell us so it can be reported, she isn't in no trouble and she is being helpful by highlighting what she saw.
Some sickos out there hiding behind their keyboards 😠😠😠

Edited at 07:05 PM.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List