Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Aug 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

Beware Build a Light Sabre

My son has booked this for our forthcoming trip. This is an experience within GE and involves building your own lightsaber at a cost of $199. If anybody is thinking of doing this please bear in mind the dimensions of the LS as it’s big. Once built the blade can be detached and this on its own is 31 inches. I have checked with VA who have advised that as it exceeds the maximum dimensions for carry on you can’t take it into the cabin. So unless you can fit it in your suitcase ( which would need to be a large one) you would need to try and get it shipped ( if that’s possible).

Luckily for us we do have large suitcases so it will just fit in diagonally.

Just a word of caution then as it’s an expensive experience and it would be real shame if you could not get it home.
Pans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Useful. I expect to hear more people raising this, and not just us on this side of The Pond...it’ll probably take Disney a while to twig and start advising folk.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

That's so strange because so many people have reported taking them on board with no problem :/
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Maybe Kyber crystals are prohibited to take onboard?

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
That's so strange because so many people have reported taking them on board with no problem :/
What is the length of the current ones? They might be shorter than the GE ones.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
What is the length of the current ones? They might be shorter than the GE ones.
Disney are not going to be manufacturing two different sized light sabre parts for the two parks. They will be the same size.

OP. What are the dimensions of your suitcase as that will help people plan. I’m wondering how big the Droids are as my daughter is wanting one of them next year!
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Disney are not going to be manufacturing two different sized light sabre parts for the two parks. They will be the same size.

OP. What are the dimensions of your suitcase as that will help people plan. I’m wondering how big the Droids are as my daughter is wanting one of them next year!
I wasn't talking about the ones at Galaxy's Edge. I was talking about the lightsabre you can build in Tatooine Traders, the shop by Star Tours in HS.
disneyworld.disney.go/en...ooine-traders/
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I wasn't talking about the ones at Galaxy's Edge. I was talking about the lightsabre you can build in Tatooine Traders, the shop by Star Tours in HS.
disneyworld.disney.go/en...ooine-traders/
These ones (tattooine traders and the other Star Wars ship ones) compress, so easily fit any suitcase.
Thanks for the heads up OP, now to measure our suitcase!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
I’ve not read anyone being able to yet. Tui said a similar thing to me, it’s too big for hand luggage.
Griff_389 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

This is truly worrying me as well
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List