Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Sep 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile Work clothes!

Help! I’ve recently lost two stone and whilst I’m obviously very happy with that I’m struggling to shop for clothes (who knew this was a problem?!) It doesn’t help that I work in a design agency and the dress code is very relaxed so I have no idea what to buy and what to wear. Really struggling to find outfits and what’s really in fashion? Because I was overweight I bought things that hid the fat and now I realise I actually don’t know how to dress. How do you all do it? I love looking on Pinterest but it’s then difficult to find items similar so I’m not sure that’s helpful. And tips or advice very welcome!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

Maybe try a personal shopper experience to get an idea of what suits you.
Or go shopping with a friend for some honest advice - pick things up you normally wouldn’t choose and try on..

Enjoy it, you’ve done so well to lose 2 stone
jackster14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow this could be me. I’ve lost 2 stone 4lb and just started a new job where the dress code is relaxed. I’ve gone for black jeans and smart tops. Have found some lovely ones in tescos of all places and oasis. I only wore black and bought clothes that made me look smaller rather than clothes I like 😂 my teenager are still getting used to my new found clothes freedom as apparently I only do black.

Kate
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Well done on your weight loss! Head to Debenhams and book a personal shopper. My mum did this for my wedding and they were fab!
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Have a look at styled by Susie website and FB page.

The a photo of yourself in vest top and leggings and see what shape you are and then look at Pinterest etc for inspiration!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I am a pick an honest friend, and head to the shops kinda gal,
Black jeans are good for a relaxed dress code, and then pop to a big centre that has a good variety of shops - Dorthy Perkins, next, M&S, apricot, oasis, coast, all good for work stuff - nicer tops, just pick up anything you like the look of and try it, then you can get a feel for what shapes look nice on you! And go from there!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreamer91
Proud to wear my Ears

I work in an agency too.

Lots of people can pull of the overly relaxed casual look and look trendy. I end up looking rough.

So I opt for jeans and a nice top, sometimes a t-shirt if I'm feeling really relaxed. Oasis have some lovely bits.

New account
Disneydreamer91 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Our office has a relaxed dress code, I wear black jeans & trainers most days with a smarter top. Most of my work clothes come from Zara and Warehouse, I find they have a good balance of being fashionable but not too young and I can always find something I like. For days with meetings I just throw on a jacket over the top and put some proper shoes on (I'm not required to but I like to feel a bit smarter sometimes!)

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Have a look at Mint Velvet. I work in a similar field and the majority of my clothes come from there.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List