Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jul 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile 1 in 3 Brits Clinically Obese

How frightening and to be honest annoying is that.
We are now the 2nd fattest nation in Europe after Malta (strange that, Med diet and all that)
How have we become like this? Lazy really, both parenting and self esteem or worth.
Its putting a huge burden on NHS and causing terrible upset to families.
My son had a sports injury 18 months ago and has put on over a stone, it scared him how easy and quickly it appeared and has cut back and has lost 6lbs in a week. Other 2 fit and bang on weight.
We are not Mr n Mrs perfect, way over Alchohol limits some weeks and definitely on holiday!
I'm not preaching!
Just surely a worry and this horrible virus may make people think. "Fatty" Boris leading the way apparantly.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I am one of them. My self esteem doesn’t increase with comments like fatty - the speech marks don’t make it any better.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
We are now the 2nd fattest nation in Europe after Malta (strange that, Med diet and all that)
How have we become like this? Lazy really, both parenting and self esteem or worth.
My son had a sports injury 18 months ago and has put on over a stone, it scared him how easy and quickly it appeared and has cut back and has lost 6lbs in a week. Other 2 fit and bang on weight.
We are not Mr n Mrs perfect, way over Alchohol limits some weeks and definitely on holiday!
I'm not preaching!
Just surely a worry and this horrible virus may make people think. "Fatty" Boris leading the way apparantly.
Why does it frighten and annoy YOU ,. in particular?

Disney332
Old 28 Jul 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I am one of them too.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

This has been said for a long time now, but no one has wanted to hear it, let alone act upon it.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
I'm not preaching!
Calling people Fatty doesn’t help
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My brother was told he was morbidly obese by his GP.

At the time, he was a semi professional body builder, and was in training for a competition. His body fat measured 0%, yet his height and weight meant that the chart saw him as clinically morbidly obese.

I’m going to say this louder for those in the back

BMI IS NOT A WORKING OR USEFUL MEASURE FOR OBESITY OR HEALTH
Old 28 Jul 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It’s a whole combination of things, such as unhealthy food tends to be cheaper than fresh food, although I’m on heal thy kick at the moment and my shopping bill is the same. Portion sizes are huge in restaurants, takeaways which doesn’t help, but I feel there is a massive lack in teaching nutrition and cooking skills, from either parents or school and so people just don’t know how to eat properly. So mix that in with a lack of exercise and we as a country are in this situation. I feel for the nhs as this is cause them a massive burden in the future.
I’m lucky that my weight hasn’t never been a problem, but my husband was obese, and we have been doing the joe wick 90 day plan. We have both lost 10kg in 3 months and our bodies feel so much better for eating better food. He’s still got a way to go but is now classed as overweight and not obese. His motivation was our children. His words ‘you never see an obese old person, and I want to be around for the kids for as long as I can’.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Calling people Fatty doesn’t help
I agree. However, even doctors are scared of telling people they are over weight these days. We have somehow got to the stage where being fat is normal.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
This has been said for a long time now, but no one has wanted to hear it, let alone act upon it.
Yes unfortunately we’ve known about this for ages, now it’s at the forefront of everyone’s minds as they are stating more chances of getting seriously ill with Covid, realistically though more chances with most illnesses , it’s not rocket science.
Like the warnings on cigarette packets though do people take notice 🤔
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List