Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Oct 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pumpkin mom View Post
Ours is a grundig fabulous best thing ever. Clothes are fluffy and cost virtual nothing to run.
And it wont go on fire.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have a Samsung one and it’s great. We got it after a couple of hotpoints affected by the fire issue! We have a Samsung washer too and will stick with the brand now.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I bought a heat pump dryer yesterday, after researching for ages, as we finally have a house with space for one.

I got the Beko DTLP81141W, which is a cheap one with 8kg capacity. Beko get good reviews and although I wanted a heat pump, I didn’t want to spend big money. I did 2 loads yesterday and so far so good.

They all seem to have sensor drying these days and will stop when the clothes are dry, so no need for a half load setting.
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We also got Beko as it won Which Best Buy- never a brand we have had before- but it’s better built than the Bosch one we had before and it’s been flawless for the circa 2 years we have had it. Looks good too as it lights up inside.
Old 29 Oct 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Thanks everybody, I've had a lot of recommendations of the Beko ones so now to measure up the space I have for it. I see they do a 'slim' size which would be good.
Old 29 Oct 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
I bought a heat pump dryer yesterday, after researching for ages, as we finally have a house with space for one.

I got the Beko DTLP81141W, which is a cheap one with 8kg capacity. Beko get good reviews and although I wanted a heat pump, I didn’t want to spend big money. I did 2 loads yesterday and so far so good.

They all seem to have sensor drying these days and will stop when the clothes are dry, so no need for a half load setting.
Did you do any comparisons how much this saves vs traditional dryer. I have a condenser dryer and use it more in the winter and I keep thinking I should bite the bullet and pay for a more economical heat pump one as apparently the saving vs a traditional dryer basically pays for itself(if all this is true!)
Old 30 Oct 20, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

After reading this thread I’m baffled , I have a hotpoint one and hate it ! It takes hours to dry a load and I usually have to put it on several times before the clothes are dry ! I had read great things about them before I got it but never get a load dried in one cycle, now wondering if there is an issue with it ? xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
3 hours to fully dry a full load🤣

£600 v £120 for a vented dryer - it’s going to take years to get your money back even if you do two loads a day!

I appreciate the new models such as the Beko maybe better than my parents Bosch

Edited at 10:02 AM.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
After reading this thread I’m baffled , I have a hotpoint one and hate it ! It takes hours to dry a load and I usually have to put it on several times before the clothes are dry ! I had read great things about them before I got it but never get a load dried in one cycle, now wondering if there is an issue with it ? xxx
I have the exact issue with my hotpoint one. I hate it! Had a vented one before which was excellent and dried everything really quickly although perhaps that’s because it was close to bursting into flames?
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We don’t seem to have problems with our Beko- well Mrs YT hasn’t complained and says it’s great. Ours was £499.