Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Happy 21st birthday to your daughter.
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Happy 21st to your daughter she looks great, hope she has a wonderful birthday. xx
Old 19 Sep 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Great to see that your daughter is doing well. My dad recently came out the other side of mental illness, it can seem there's little hope at the times it is really bad, bit people do go on to recover and flourish.
Old 19 Sep 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

What a lovely photo and good to see your daughter looking so well. Happy birthday to her. This is a big milestone, and hope things continue to improve. My best wishes and love to you all x
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Happy Birthday to your daughter. Lovely photo. Sorry about Bury FC from a Boltonian. ☹️
Old 19 Sep 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Happy 21st Birthday to your dd for yesterday. Hope you all had a great day! 🎂
Old 20 Sep 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thank you all for all the lovely positive comments
Emma has a lovely day yesterday , she even had lunch at the local luxury chocolate shop , something she wouldn’t have dreamed of doing not that long ago

I really like the picture comparison from 3 years ago . She was probably around the same weight then as now ( maybe even slightly lighter now ) but she looks much brighter and much more confident in herself
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Great to see that your daughter is doing well. My dad recently came out the other side of mental illness, it can seem there's little hope at the times it is really bad, bit people do go on to recover and flourish.
That’s really good to hear the progress your dad has made

We have just returned from a weekend away with my mum and her husband ( who live 2.5 hours from us) . My mum basically broke down on the Sunday , she has been bottling stuff up for months that she has been struggling with . Her husband is lovely but is mid eighties and very gentle and hasn’t been able to understand her issues or known how to deal with them
Hopefully now that she has opened up about her struggles , it will be the start of a road to recovery . She has support from a neighbour who has taken her to the doctors , got her some relevant medication and hopefully will be able to sort some therapy for her
I think our experiences with Emma maybe helped her realise that sometimes showing your weaknesses is a positive step to recovery and she appreciated our ‘ cruel to be kind’ approach that was needed to make her realise she does need help
Here’s hoping the trust that she has in our advice will help her turn the corner soon
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
That’s really good to hear the progress your dad has made

We have just returned from a weekend away with my mum and her husband ( who live 2.5 hours from us) . My mum basically broke down on the Sunday , she has been bottling stuff up for months that she has been struggling with . Her husband is lovely but is mid eighties and very gentle and hasn’t been able to understand her issues or known how to deal with them
Hopefully now that she has opened up about her struggles , it will be the start of a road to recovery . She has support from a neighbour who has taken her to the doctors , got her some relevant medication and hopefully will be able to sort some therapy for her
I think our experiences with Emma maybe helped her realise that sometimes showing your weaknesses is a positive step to recovery and she appreciated our ‘ cruel to be kind’ approach that was needed to make her realise she does need help
Here’s hoping the trust that she has in our advice will help her turn the corner soon
Accepting there is an issue and not burying it buryboy (no pun intended) is a major step. Unfortunately my dad did do so, and got to crisis point. He now openly talks about it to anyone who will listen, total transformation on that score. I hope your mum recovers well.
These things 100% run in families also, there is a strong genetic component.

Edited at 06:52 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List