Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Mar 22, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Visitor Toll Pass & Hertz Stock

Hi,

Renting a car with Hertz for this trip. Just wondering if anyone has used the visitor toll pass that you can pick up in the airport? just looking for some reviews if it’s any good worth doing?

Also I’ve been reading lately that hire cars are of older age etc just wondering does anyone know anything about Hertz fleet and what we might get? We have booked a 7 seater.

Thank you in advance for any replies. 😊
Old 27 Mar 22, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by First Timer 12 View Post
Hi,

Renting a car with Hertz for this trip. Just wondering if anyone has used the visitor toll pass that you can pick up in the airport? just looking for some reviews if it’s any good worth doing?

Also I’ve been reading lately that hire cars are of older age etc just wondering does anyone know anything about Hertz fleet and what we might get? We have booked a 7 seater.

VTP can't be beat if you're hiring from MCO, it's the easiest and best toll payment method.

I've had two 25,000+ mile car from Hertz in the last month but they were both very good spec.

These are current options in the Hertz fleet

Medium 7 Passenger SUV (L4, FRAR)
Buick Enclave
Chevrolet Traverse
Ford Explorer
GMC Acadia
Mazda CX9
Nissan Pathfinder
Subaru Ascent
Toyota Highlander
Volkswagen Atlas

Large SUV (T, FFAR) 2WD model taged as T2
Chevrolet Tahoe
Ford Expedition
GMC Yukon
Nissan Armada

Extra Capacity Large SUV (T6, PFAR)
Chevrolet Suburban
Ford Expedition Max
GMC Yukon XL
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 22, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi,

I can't add anything to Dr JJ's excellent review of Hertz but I might be the VTP marketing department on the DIBB.

I've actually started three separate threads about it since May last year.

Basically if I can summarise - it's a no brainer.

Load the app on to your phone and complete your details, collect the tag and hang it from rear view mirror and forget about it. No admin fee and toll rates are cheaper than the posted cash rates.

What's not to like? If you're really bored I'm happy to post links to my three threads.

Mick
Old 27 Mar 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
VTP can't be beat if you're hiring from MCO, it's the easiest and best toll payment method.

I've had two 25,000+ mile car from Hertz in the last month but they were both very good spec.

These are current options in the Hertz fleet

Medium 7 Passenger SUV (L4, FRAR)
Buick Enclave
Chevrolet Traverse
Ford Explorer
GMC Acadia
Mazda CX9
Nissan Pathfinder
Subaru Ascent
Toyota Highlander
Volkswagen Atlas

Large SUV (T, FFAR) 2WD model taged as T2
Chevrolet Tahoe
Ford Expedition
GMC Yukon
Nissan Armada

Extra Capacity Large SUV (T6, PFAR)
Chevrolet Suburban
Ford Expedition Max
GMC Yukon XL
Thanks so much for this. Excellent information. Can I asked if either of your recent rentals had Apple car play by any chance? Just thinking for maps !
Old 27 Mar 22, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I can't add anything to Dr JJ's excellent review of Hertz but I might be the VTP marketing department on the DIBB.

I've actually started three separate threads about it since May last year.

Basically if I can summarise - it's a no brainer.

Load the app on to your phone and complete your details, collect the tag and hang it from rear view mirror and forget about it. No admin fee and toll rates are cheaper than the posted cash rates.

What's not to like? If you're really bored I'm happy to post links to my three threads.

Mick
Thanks so much Mick. Going to go and look up your previous threads for a read as I am getting engrossed in all things to do with our holiday now it’s getting closer and I’m nearly on that plane ✈️!
Old 27 Mar 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Thanks so much Mick. Going to go and look up your previous threads for a read as I am getting engrossed in all things to do with our holiday now it’s getting closer and I’m nearly on that plane ✈️!
I can help find them if you like - give me 5 minutes
Old 27 Mar 22, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I can help find them if you like - give me 5 minutes
Ok brilliant, thanks so much 😊
Old 27 Mar 22, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Thanks so much for this. Excellent information. Can I asked if either of your recent rentals had Apple car play by any chance? Just thinking for maps !
The BMW X2 last week defo did, the Expedition the week before I'm not so sure
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 22, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
The VTP was launched in the summer of 2019 and we first used it the following November. Sadly because of Covid it was discontinued for the whole of 2020 and the early months of 2021. I checked regularly to see if it had returned (the web site was in sleep mode) until one day in May 2021 I spotted that it had returned. So I started a thread in that May to say "VTP is back".

In September 2021 it was looking a bit more likely that we Brits might be heading back so I started a new "VTP reminder" thread. This is the link to it.

https://DIBB.in/15148406

In my opening post to the above thread is a link to my original thread = about 20 pages.

Lots of Dibbers asked when the VTP could be collected from side B so I exchanged emails and PMs with VTP staff. This culminated in another thread.

https://DIBB.in/15348643

Happy reading

Edited at 09:40 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 22, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

If you use the VTP and don't return it, is there really only a $10 fine to pay? Or would they come looking for additional costs? We're hiring from Orlando and returning to Miami, and the $10 fine looks far more palatable than the car hire toll charges.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List