Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Feb 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
becsayshello
I want to go now!

DDP First Timers!

Hiya,

For our 10 day stay in Aug we are having the DDP for the first time! During our previous visits we have always had the QSDP so I understand how it works and everything. We are staying at AKL for the first time and are very excited.

We are approaching being able to make our ADRs so I was hoping for some people to share their 'must visit' recommendations that they enjoy. There are 5 of us (all adults) and we all really love our food so we're not fussy! We have a few places we want to eat at already but could do with some more!

Two of us are coeliac (gluten free) and we know how fantastic Disney is for GF choices but we are particularly interested to know if anywhere is great for offering some different GF options.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!
becsayshello is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did the DDP last summer and our favourites were, Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill at Disney Springs, the food was delicious and the service was fantastic, also the Jungle Skipper Canteen in MK. The menu was lovely and our server was brilliant. Tusker House is another one, 5ere was a lot of variety on the buffet and the character interactions were adorable. I think you will be spoiled for choice!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think there are any generic must do restaurants. We have enjoyed plenty of Disney restaurants but we don't have any that we think we must do. My advice would be more around getting a good mix of restaurants, we are an adult party but we like to do one or two character meals for the photo opportunity mainly, we also like to do a few signatures and we like to try out the eateries at whatever resort we are staying at.

Restaurants that we have been to more than once or plan to go to include: BOG breakfast although this is for pre park opening access rather than the food or venue, California Grill Brunch and dinner are booked for April, although it will have been three years and four visits since we were last there, Tiffins is back on next trip with one of the packages, we have been there on our previous two trips as well, not that we are mad about it but it is a solid park based signature and makes a good night out. The only other two restaurants we are going to in April that we also went to in September are Boma and Planet Hollywood, which were stand outs for us last trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List