Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 13 Feb 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Consider renting for one year to see how that goes, BCV commands $15.50 per point for reservation that is secured more than 7 months out at David's rentals. That could offset your annual dues
I don’t suppose you know when David’s prices went up? That’s a bit annoying because I rented with them a few weeks ago and contacted them beforehand to confirm there were definitely no price increases due in the near future and they confirmed that there weren’t!
We were in no hurry so I’d have happily waited until now for the extra $150. (Sorry that this is off topic!)
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
I don’t suppose you know when David’s prices went up? That’s a bit annoying because I rented with them a few weeks ago and contacted them beforehand to confirm there were definitely no price increases due in the near future and they confirmed that there weren’t!
We were in no hurry so I’d have happily waited until now for the extra $150. (Sorry that this is off topic!)
I believe it happened only 7 days ago.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 13 Feb 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
I believe it happened only 7 days ago.
Thanks Jason. That’s only about 3 weeks after I rented so they must have had an idea! Even if they couldn’t say for definite it would be nice to be told that prices usually rise in February, or something like that. I made it clear that I would like to wait if there was anything due so it’s a bit annoying.
Old 13 Feb 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Thanks Jason. That’s only about 3 weeks after I rented so they must have had an idea! Even if they couldn’t say for definite it would be nice to be told that prices usually rise in February, or something like that. I made it clear that I would like to wait if there was anything due so it’s a bit annoying.
You're welcome and I am impressed you thought to ask. I don't think most members would think to ask that question about the amount increasing so I am impressed with your thought process.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 13 Feb 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

So sorry to hear that and as Jason said it was about a week ago.

If it was answered in an email then worth sending that email back to ask what they class as 'the near future'.

With that answer I wouldn't have expected a price rise within the next few months, not just 3-weeks.

What's also strange is that David's still adverising the following below so didn't remove that when they increased the rental price. Isn't it the last day tomorrow to make dues payment before it's classed as late; so increasing the price during the period that dues can be paid and also being advertised as below really isn't good business practice.
ANNUAL FEES ARE DUE
Attention DVC Owners!
Annual fees are DUE.
Rent your points to cover your fees and put the extra $$ in your pocket.

Edited at 08:50 PM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Unfortunately it was an online chat and I can’t find the transcript! I don’t know if they have the option to send one but I always get a copy if they do so I’ll have to keep looking.
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
This is my thinking exactly, they're at a peak at the moment, but I really can't see that lasting, I wouldn't pay current prices for a 23 year contract against a 50 year one.

No fees if we pull the listing, so I guess there's nothing to lose... Just not sure I'm ready to let them go!

They don't owe us anything.
I'd be tempted to list them high, you've got two small enough contracts, that way you'll have time to think about it and if a buyer is willing to pay the high price then you'd be mad not to sell

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I'd be tempted to list them high, you've got two small enough contracts, that way you'll have time to think about it and if a buyer is willing to pay the high price then you'd be mad not to sell
Always my DVC guru Jakki . Good plan, we’re not convinced on selling so makes sense, especially with both contracts being stripped.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List